Chapter Thirteen

Stephane hadn't shown up to walk with me to breakfast, so I went on my own. On my way to the great hall, people were staring and snickering at me.
I had just sat down in the great hall for breakfast when Scorpius ran up to me and shoved a copy of todays Daily Prophet in my face.

"Scorpius, what the heck!" I shouted grabbing the paper.

"You're gonna want to read that Athena." He sat down next to me.

I looked at the paper. The picture on the front was of Stephane and I. "Bloody hell, what is Rita up to now?"

"Just read it." Scorpius pointed to an article that was titled Foreign Love- The first in the new Behind the Tournament series.

The Triwizard tournament has always been a topic of intrigue, wrote Daily Prophet reporter Rita Skeeter, what with the new mysterious foreign students. Naturally, romance isn't far behind the arrival of the mysterious Frenchman (and women). And it isn't!
I am pleased to bring you the first fish, and perhaps the first kiss. Athena Olympus was very friendly with the Headmasters son, Stephane Clavel. Nosaj (one of my Hogwarts sources) said this.

"Stephane is old enough to join the tournament. Not only that, but I heard from one of the Olympuses themselves that Athena's ex-boyfriend Alexander Patrokolos-Wallace is planing on joining the tournament."

That's right people. Heres what another source claimed.

Alex wanted to show up James Potter, but Athena thought it was too dangerous. She told me Alex couldn't handle it," McKayla Riddle, fellow Slytherin and close friend of Athena's, told me. "Apparently she thinks Stephane can. They were flirting all throughout dinner. Barely looked away from each other all night. There is definitely a love connection."

More updates coming soon. No sources have confirmed or denied the rumor that Ares Olympus and James Potter (son of the imfamous Triwizard winner Harry Potter) are planning to enter. Keep reading for news on the Triwizard tournament, things no one wants outsiders to know.

"Rita," I growled, "That troll!"

Scorpius placed his hand on my shoulder. "Calm down Athena."

"I can't be calm. That lying parasite!" I bit down on my bacon.

"Athena people are staring."

"They've been doing that all morning." I grumbled.

"Okay, look this isn't as bad as you may think." Scorpius said.

"How is this not bad?" I asked.

"Well... I mean... It could be worse." He said.

"Well," I sighed, "thanks for telling me about this or I would have been completely oblivious. I'd hug you but as you can tell I've been targeted, so gotta be careful."

"Yeah I get it." He said.

"Hey, Scorpius!" Rose Weasly sat beside her friend.

"Hey, Rose." Scorpius said, his face was turning a light pink, which was incredibly easy to notice given his pale complection.

"Oh, hello, Athena. How are you doing." She asked.

"Well, I assume you read the Daily Prophet, so not good."

"Oh yeah, I heard, Rita is a little weasel and she does not deserve to be a journalist. Wish I could get my mum down here." She began to chuckle.

I glanced over to the entrance of the great hall, I noticed Stephane with a few other Beauxbatons."Well it was nice talking to you, but I need to go talk to someone." I got up from my seat.

"Oh, see ya, Athena." Rose said and began chatting with Scorpius.

I walked over to the doors and waited for either Stephane to notice me or his friends to leave. After a few minutes his friend went to sit down, strangely enough he didn't follow. I walked over. "Hey Stephane."

"Oh, hello Athena."

"Where were you this morning? I waited for like half an hour."

"Oh, I do apologize but my father had wanted to speak with me this morning and it had gone longer than I had expected." He kissed my hand. I looked around and sure enough Rita was standing across the room staring in our direction.

"So, have you read today's Daily Prophet?" I asked pulling my hand away.

"Oui," he nodded," I have. So your ex-boyfriend is planning to enter, no?"

"He was never my boyfriend, he was my bestfriend."

"Oh, was as in no longer? Why?"

"Well to answer your first question he is planning on entering the tournament, and to answer your second we had this big argument, some pretty mean things were said. I was just scared he would get hurt."

"I see." He began to scratch his chin.

"Is it true you are planning on entering?"

"Oui, my father thinks it would be good for the school."

"I don't get why the tournament is a thing. It's just too dangerous." I sighed. "Well, how about that tour of the school now?" I had to get my mind off of the tournament.

"That sounds wonderful." He walked off towards the kitchens and I followed.