4 // "I haven't decided if I want you fired yet or not"

I ran to the elevator, not the stairs, because by the time I reach the 8th floor, Exo would have finished their comeback shows, released their new album, and someone else will have left the band. Oops, too soon.

I got to the 8th floor and I ran to Chanyeol's dorm and knocked until he opened the door. "Kai is going to get me fired. Before I have to leave...I just had to let you know that I'm sorry and that I'm sorry I couldn't ever have a thing with you...I like someone else. Always have. But you're amazing...and that's why I let myself kiss you....and I wanted to be a good manager, and make sure that somehow SM wouldn't hurt you all. Because they are...and I'm afraid for you all. That's how I wanted to get fired - for protecting you, not for getting involved with you-"

"Amelia," Chanyeol said. "Don't worry about us. Okay? Or me. We're all going to be okay." But something in his face told me that everything wasn't going to be okay.

I just stood there, then I threw myself to Chanyeol and hugged him. I just hugged his torso because it was convenient and I was too short and he was too tall for me to hug his neck. I buried my face in his stomach, and inhaled. He smelled so good. This would be the only time I would do this.

"Amelia."

Crap. I pushed myself away from Chanyeol and faced Kai.

"In Chanyeol's dorm, now. We have to talk."

I obeyed, and we all sat down. "Shouldn't I be packing?" I asked.

Kai made a face. "You've been here less than 24 hours and you're already thinking about a vacation?"

"No, I'm fired, right?"

"No? I'm a man of my word. You told me who your bias was, so I didn't get you fired. I just confessed that I had a huge crush on you to him so now I'm in trouble and I have to spend more hours practicing next week. Don't think you're off the hook though. I could still get you fired," Kai said.

"Oh my gosh," I said, standing up to hug him, but Kai shook his head, letting me know that wasn't happening. I sat down.

"Wait, you like her?" Chanyeol asked Kai.

"What? No. Of course not. Kim J just found me like, pinning her up against a wall," Kai answered.

"Why?" Chanyeol asked. "Wait, are you blackmailing her? Dude, what is wrong with you?!"

"What's wrong with you? You can't date our manager! Especially because all our managers are horrible people-" Kai stopped himself, looked at me, and started speaking in Korean. Chanyeol talked back in Korean, and they began shouting at each other.

"Guys!" I exclaimed. "Seriously, stop. I don't even know what you guys are saying."

"Just forget it," Chanyeol snapped. Then he looked at me. "Wait, so who's your bias?"

"It doesn't even matter, it's not like it would ever happen," I said.

"It could be a secret," Chanyeol said. "We would all help out to cover for you two."

"It's Baekhyun," Kai interrupted, looking at me and nodding.

"Oh, well then never mind."

"Yeah. Taeyeon seems nice for him."

"Yeah, okay. I guess I see why you wouldn't want that out," Chanyeol said. He looked at his phone. "Hey, Lay and Tao are here with D.O! I'm gonna go help them move their stuff in."

"I'm right behind you," Kai said and Chanyeol left. Kai remained seated. "Again, I saved your ass. Don't think we're friends. You probably said something real cute to Chanyeol like 'I'm sorry I don't like you, we can't be a thing, I just wanted to protect you and the members' but I don't buy it. You may have good intentions, but you're also really stupid and naive. You don't know anything about how to be a good manager and to 'protect' us. I'll tell you right now that you can't protect anyone here, not even yourself." Kai got up and left.

Several minutes later, the boys came back up and I walked into the hallway to meet Lay and Tao. They were really formal to me, but Lay seemed to question me, like he wasn't trusting me. Tao just seemed tired, and didn't care there was a new manager.

The rest of the day was pretty chill, I talked to Kim J and booked some events and scheduled their weeks. Kim J had much of the say over their schedules, which was out of my control to make life slightly easier on them.

It was evening, and I was walking back across the building to the elevator that would take me to my side of the building I lived in. On my way there, my body collided with someone else's. The force sent me onto the floor, and papers went flying. Someone said something in Korean, and I waved my hand in a flinging manner. "English please," I said, sounding like a freaking turd.

"I'm so sorry, are you okay?"

I looked up to see a hand. I looked at the face.

Xiumin.

My heart raced, I got butterflies, it was everything I imagined when I would meet him. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up. "I'm okay," I said, smiling. "Minseok."

He smiled, his concerned look fading. "I'm sorry, have we met?"

"No," I said. "I'm Amelia."

"It's very nice to meet you, Amelia," Xiumin said. "Maybe, to repay you for running into you, I could take you-"

"Xiumin, she's our manager," a voice from the floor said. I hadn't even realized Baekhyun on the floor picking up my papers. "You're our new manager, aren't you?" Baekhyun asked me as he stood up and handed them to me.

Xiumin's smile faded, as he watched me take the papers. This was so awkward. "Yeah, I'm the new manager."

"Oh," Xiumin said.

"What were you saying?" I tried asking Xiumin. I didn't have much hope in him finishing.

"Nothing," Baekhyun said. "He was saying nothing." He walked away with his suitcases, and I saw Sehun, Suho, and Chen follow after him.

Xiumin stayed for a moment, barely even looking at me in the eyes. "I was going to ask you to dinner, but that's how I can get you fired. I haven't decided if I want you fired yet or not."