Chapter 1

Eliza strolled down the hall, Peggy beside her. Peggy had been texting her new friend Sandy non-stop. Eliza slowly slid away from her sister, not really wanting to be seen with a sophmore. Even if it was her sister. Eliza was a senior. Angelica had graduated last year, and she was pretty much alone now. She had a couple of friends, but they just weren't the same. Angelica knew her like no one else. Eliza bumped into Aaron, and he smirked at her. That boy was thirsty beyond belief. He flirted with every girl he saw. She groaned and walked faster. She stepped into her first class, adjusting her skirt. Katherine saw her and smiled, inviting her over. Eliza quickly took a seat next to her. Katherine was busy writing, as always. Eliza spaced out, staring at nothing in particular. Katherine waved a hand in front of her face.

"Stay alive." she smirked, resuming whatever she was writing now. Class ended, and Eliza got out of there quickly. Mr. Jefferson was kind of annoying. Her boyfriend agreed. Alexander ran up to her, a pen behind his ear.

"Eliza, I just had this genius idea and-"

"Not now Alex."

"Awwww, but this is a really good one! I promise!"

"Alright fine, but summarize. Please."

Alexander explained his idea, Eliza nodding every time he looked at her.

"Wow. That is genius. Now let's go get some lunch!" Eliza said, dragging him to the cafeteria.

"Alright. I'm just gonna go sit by my guys. Is that alright?" Alex asked, giving Eliza his puppy dog eyes. Eliza sighed.

"Alright."

Alexander practically hopped to his table. Eliza could tell he was explaining his idea to all of his friends. John, Frenchy (a.k.a Lafayette,) and Hercules. Aaron was over there too. Eliza looked around for someone to sit by. Neither Katherine nor Peggy had the same lunch as her, so she was pretty much screwed. She could sit by the Heathers, but they didn't seem super nice. Neither did The Pink Ladies. She noticed a girl with dazzling red hair in a corner, her nose in a notebook, scribbling away. She moved towards her. The girl looked up.

"Yes?"

"Oh, sorry. May I sit by you? I'm Eliza."

"Of course! I'm Bonnie." the girl smiled, patting the floor next to her. Eliza sat down, eating her food in silence.

"So, I've never seen you around. Are you new?" Eliza asked, poking the dangerously pink chicken on her plate.

"I just moved here from Texas." Bonnie said, closing her notebook. "Where are you from?"

"Oh, I've lived here since forever." Eliza replied, brushing back her hair. They sat in silence for a moment.

"So, how do you like it in New York?" Eliza questioned, attempting to break the ice.

"Oh I love it here! It's always been my dream to be on Broadway!" Bonnie squeaked a little, she was obviously very passionate. "It was hard getting here, but we did it."

"We?"

"Me and my boyfriend, Clyde."

"Oh."

Awkward silence once again. The bell rang, and Eliza breathed a sigh of relief. Bonnie seemed friendly enough, but she didn't know what to talk about with her yet. But hey, at least she had someone to sit by. Maybe this year wouldn't be as horrible as she expected.