Chapter 6

Zoe

As I laid in bed staring at the ceiling, I thought how much longer it was until Mum came home. 9 more days I thought. I missed her so much. I felt really lonely without her. I closed my eyes and began to sleep until I heard Cher running to the bathroom and throwing up.

"Cher?" I called out. I got up out of bed and saw Cher crying by the toilet. "What's happened?"

"Nothing. I'm fine." Cher didn't look at me.

"Oh, sure. You sat in the bathroom, throwing up and crying your eyes out, yeah sure you're fine." I said sarcastically. I sat down beside her. "You going to tel me whats wrong?"

Cher took a deep breath. "Don't say 'I told you so' or anything like that but Tyler dumped me." She began sobbing even harder.

I pulled Cher in for a hug. "Don't worry about him. He's an idiot for dumping you. You are one of the most stunning girls I know." 

"Thanks." Cher looked me in the eye. "Zoe... I love you." 

"Aw, Cher. I love you too!" I smiled at her. "And I'm sorry for all the arguments we've had in the past-"

"Me too. You are actually an amazing sister. I didn't think you care about me." 

"Don't be silly Cher! You're my sister, of course I care!" I wiped her face with some tissue and took her to bed. "Night Cher."

"Night Zoe."

*

I was woken up by the house phone ringing. I heard Cher answer it. "Oh, Mum, hi!"

I ran down the stairs. "Put it on loudspeaker!" 

"... and I do miss you girls very much but Turkey is a beautiful place, oh you would love it here girls. My friend from work, Diana, has asked me to stay here for a couple more months and I told her I would ask you girls first. I haven't had a phone call from you in a while, are you both finally getting on?" 

"Yes we are finally getting on." I smiled at Cher. "I'm sure we'll be OK for another few months, right Cher?"

"Yeah even though we still miss you!" Cher said. 

"Aw thats great to hear and I miss you both too, very much. I'll call as much as I can. I have to go now. Love you, darlings!!"

"Love you Mum!" Me and Cher said together.

"A couple more months together is going to be fun isn't it?" Cher said to me. "We can do whatever we want!" 

**