Chapter 3 - Another party

Cher's POV

"Look, Zoe, I really am sorry. I didn't know Sarah and Dinah were going to bring that many friends over. If I did I wouldn't have let them come round in the first place!" I said to Zoe repeatedly throughout the day after the party.

"I thought we were meant to be acting like strangers?" Zoe didn't look at me as she continued to make her bed. 

I sighed. "I just want you to know how sorry I am." 

"I know you're sorry. But right now I don't want to speak to you. From now on, we're strangers." Zoe said.

I nodded and went back to my room which was a mess from the party. As I was putting plastic cups and bottles away in a rubbish bag, my phone began to ring. I grabbed it. "Hello?"

"Hey, Cher! It's Dinah!" 

"Oh, hi."

"Fancy coming out for a party at my house tonight?" 

"No, Dine, I'm not really sure, I mean, -"

"Tyler's gonna be there."

My heart skipped a beat. Tyler? My mind had a flashback to last night, when at the party me and Tyler ended up having sex. I began to wonder if that really meant anything or if Tyler was just drunk and horny. 

"No, I can't. Not after what happened last night. Maybe another time."

"Whatever, but you know where to go if you change your mind." And then she hung up.

Tyler was going to be there. But I couldn't just leave Zoe just so I could see her ex and possibly end up having sex again. Could I? Zoe was acting like a stranger to me now so it shouldn't really bother her that I'm seeing her ex.

I grabbed my phone again and sent a text to Dinah and Sarah: "Hey! I changed my mind, see you all at about 8. X x"

I decided to wear a cute dress that really showed off my cleavage. I glanced in the mirror to see if it looked OK and it looked perfect. For my make-up I wore lipgloss and fake eyelashes. Since my hair was a bit messy at the moment I decided to put it in a bun. My ears looked naked so I added some hoop earrings. I smiled at myself in the mirror. This is going to be a great night. Or so I thought.

***

Picture: Cher's dress for the party