"—min suga jjang jjang bbong bbong!" Taehyung shouts.

"happy birthday to youuu!"

Seokjin places the cake he had made for Yoongi in front of him. it's covered in white frosting, a little decorative blue bell flower in the corner, with some candy littered over it and some pocky stuck behind the flower. it's a carrot cake, because that's yoongi's favourite, and it says to our precious bean in black lettering. it's beautiful.

their are three candles lit, and Seokjin hurriedly says: "make a wish, make a wish!" before Yoongi can blow them out.

Yoongi smiles again, ear to ear, before closing his eyes to make his wish and blow out the candles. they clap and congratulate Yoongi, Hoseok and Taehyung immediately coming to hug him once he stands. "yah!" Yoongi says, sapping Hoseok and taehyung's arms playfully.

"before we eat the cake, we need to have dinner." Seokjin says. "Namjoon helped me make the seaweed soup, and we made some grilled short ribs as well."

"wow." Yoongi gapes, flabbergasted. "thank you so much." 

"we did this for you." Namjoon says, "now c'mon, let's eat. i'm starving."

he seems really, really happy right now.

he is radiating light like the sun and it's so beautiful.

i love him i love him i love him i love him

for some odd reason, all five of them have dropped dead (not literally). 

they're completely passed out everywhere. Namjoon and Seokjin's limbs tangled on the couch, looking as blissful as ever. jeongguk's sprawled out across the floor, Taehyung's arm wrapped around his shoulder, face nuzzling into his neck. hoseok's sitting at the dining table, face planted onto it as he sleeps all his worries away.

it's been a long day, with a very happy Yoongi.

the flat smells of men. it also kind of smells like soju, but only Namjoon had taken a shot. he was already blushed just from one. Yoongi wouldn't even last a sip of it, so he decided not to drink on his birthday. he wanted to spend every moment aware of this—because frankly, this might be just the happiest he's been in such a long time. their story didn't begin here, nor end here.

Jimin had promised him happiness the day they started dating.

"i will always, unconditionally love you, no matter what." he had said.

"you're so cheesy." Yoongi had replied.

the first few months were still very rough after they had started dating. it seemed that everything was going yoongi's way, but really there were still ups and downs. nothing was perfect, and nothing will ever be perfect. they're human, after all, and they feel things.

occasionally, Yoongi would go back to his lowest — in the bathroom, sitting in the bathtub filled up to the brim with water. he could kill himself, he really could. he could let go of everything and he would finally feel something similar to nirvana.

but Jimin always, always noticed the lack of warmth in bed at four am in the morning and found Yoongi in the bathroom, door locked. and Yoongi always knew when Jimin would be there. his small shadow was evident on the other side. and Jimin would wait. he would wait, and wait, and wait, until Yoongi would unlock the door softly, letting Jimin inside.

"go away." Yoongi had told him.

"no." Jimin replied stubbornly.

"i want to die, Jimin." Yoongi had whispered. "i could just lower my head right now silently and drown myself."