Jealous: Part 3

Author's Note: Hi guys. Sorry it's been a while since I updated. School is taking a toll on my life. 

The day after their little argument Astrid and Hiccup had, Astrid wanted to apologize. So, that afternoon, she decided to go to Hiccup's house, to set things straight. As she walked there, she kept thinking about what she was going to say. Was she going to admit that she was jealous? How was Hiccup going to react? Did he even want to see her after what happened the previous day? All these thoughts made Astrid stressed. She just put it to the side for the moment and focused on getting to her friends house. 

She walked up their front steps. When she got to the door, she hesitated to knock but did a few moments later. The door swung open and she was met with Hiccup's father, Stoick. 

"Good evening, Astrid. Didn't expect you to be here. Come in." he greeted cheerfully. 

"Good evening sir." Astrid replied nervous, stepping into the Haddock Household. 

"Anything I can do for ye lass?" 

"Um, I was just wondering if Hiccup was here. I really need to talk to him." 

"Aye, he's in his room." 

"Thank you" Astrid hurried up the stairs. When she got to the door of Hiccup's room, she had second thoughts on actually being here. 'He's probably mad at me. I shouldn't be here,' she thought. Astrid finally got the courage after about 2 minutes and knocked. A couple of seconds later, she heard a muffled "Come in". 

She opened the door and walked in, finding Hiccup sitting at his desk, drawing Toothless, while the black lab was off in the corner sleeping. 

"Hey" she spoke softly, extremely nervous. 

"Uh, hi. Didn't expect you to come here." he replied, stopping his drawing. 

"I just really need to talk to you." she closed the door behind her. 

"Yeah, sit down." Astrid listened and sat down at the edge of his bed. "What's up?" 

"I'm really sorry for how I acted at school the other day. A-and about what happened yesterday. Heather just got me so mad. I felt like we were slowly drifting away. I guess I was just jealous." Astrid sighed. It felt kinda good to get this all out. 

"Woah. The Astrid Hofferson, jealous? What happened to the world?" Hiccup chuckled. Astrid laughed with him. 

"Shut up. I have accepted that fact. I just didn't want to share you, you know? You're my best friend." 

"Yeah. I get what your saying." He got up from his desk and sat down next to Astrid. "But promise me one thing." He nudged her with his shoulder. 

"What?" She looked up into his emerald green eyes, the one she falls in love with every time she looks at them. 

"Promise that we won't let anyone get between us again." 

"Promise." she smiled and he returned it. 

The two were slowly leaning in. Their lips were brushing each other's, almost going for a full kiss, but this got interrupted when Stoick slammed the door open, making the best friends quickly separate and blush. 

"Astrid, your uncle called and said he wanted you home." Stoick said, completely unawair of what was about to happen. 

"Okay." She stood up and turned to Hiccup. "See y-you la-ter, Hicc." And she quickly left. 

Stoick left the room, closing the door behind him, following Astrid out. Hiccup sighed. 'I can't kiss my best friend', he thought. He ran a hand through his auburn hair, got up, and fell face first onto his pillow.