Merry Christmas (Part 2)

I woke up this morning to my Dad running down the stairs in his pajamas like a four year old excited to see what Santa had brought him. I have no idea how my mom and Gen were able to put the stockings together with all of us asleep in the living room together.

I laid there in Jakes arms and rubbed my hand acrossed his chest, sliding it up to his cheek. My cold hands immediately woke him as his eyes directed to me.

"Merry Christmas beautiful." His eyes were hardly open as he tried to sit up.

"Merry Christmas!" I pulled the blanket up on us as Shep did what he did every year, and grabbed our stockings from the fireplace, handing them out to all of us to enjoy. My mom and Gen had custom made Jake and Hallie stockings for this Christmas that they would spend with us. Hallie's parents were upset that she wanted to be with us, but she promised them she'd be home for Christmas dinner.

Although we were all still exhausted from the late night before, we hurried to the kitchen to dig into the extreme breakfast that my dad and Jared had must have been up for hours preparing. Usually we all just sat around the bar or kitchen table, but since it was Christmas, Aunt Gen said we could eat in the Dining room. She had a long table that sat twelve people, and we all sat at the table together talking and enjoying the Christmas morning.

After breakfast was served and we were all enjoying eating it together, my dad stood to make a toast.

"Everyone," He stood tall with his champagne raised in his hand, "I'd like to thank Gen and the boys for so kindly allowing my girls to stay with them these past few months. There's nothing better than family, and if I can't always be with them, then I'm glad they're with family." He leaned down to kiss my mom and after she looked to Gen saying, "Yes thank you so much Gen. It's been such a blessing."

Gen raised her glass, "To family." Everyone then joined in, "To family."

After breakfast my Dad and Jared insisted they clean up while the rest of us got ready to open presents. An hour later we were all settled and ready to begin.

Shep tore into his presents first, and everyone slowly made it through theirs.

My parents had given me a beautiful pair of boots, multiple sweaters, different varieties of make up that I had wanted, and a new phone. My dad had gotten Jake a new pair of skis for this next week at the cabin, as well as a small box that laid under the tree hidden by the rest of the gifts.

Once we thought we finished the gifts, Shep found the small box and pulled it out from under the tree. "It says it's for Jake and JJ. May you always remember the true meaning of love, family, and Christmas. Love, Mom and Dad."

I hurried over to Shep grabbing the present and brought the little box over to Jake. Sitting on his lap, I opened it with him. All there was, was a key that looked like it belonged to a car. "What's this Sir?" Jake said looking at my dad.

"Well, that beat up truck of yours was about to die on you any day now, and I couldn't let that happen to you son."

Jake's eyes lit up, "Are you kidding me?"

My mom giggled and said, "It's out front, why don't you kids go check it out?"

Jake and Tom rushed out the door. "Dang it Jensen!" Jared yelled, "You ruined it for Tom." He laughed and grabbed a pair of keys out of his pocket. "I'm just messing dude, you'res is out there too."

The guys looked like six year old boys as they rushed to the drive way. There parked in front of the garage was a Silver Chevy with a Red bow on the hood and a card that had Jake's name on it. Next to it was a Black Ford with a similar Red bow on top and card with Tom's name on it. Both boys hopped in and practically drooled at their new rides.