Telling Jake

Honestly guys, I only have six parts and I already have over 100 reads! I am so excited!! Thank you all for reading! LOL and thanks to my sisters for your votes! Comment your thoughts if you like what is going on, or if you have any suggestions. I've got some ideas for upcoming chapters... Hope you like this one! :) (Sorry it's kind of short... but the 8th chapter is going to be more exciting. If I put it with this one it would've been like 40 chapters!!)

My Dad walked in and just looked uneasy. Of course he was new at this and I was expecting him to be more tough guy but he actually was super nice. He sat down next to me in the front entry way. He rested his arms on his knees and just kind of sat next to me for a minute.

"So you really like this kid huh?" He said definitely biting the words that were coming out of his mouth.

"Yeah, I really do. He just gets me."

"Get's you? In what way."

"His parents are divorced, so he spends most of his time with his mom, and he is always missing his Dad."

I watched as a tear fell down my Dads cheek.

"Well, he sounds like a good kid," he paused for a moment and then turned to me, "Please tell me he didn't kiss you?"

"No, well kind of, he kissed me on the cheek before he left."

He shook his fist in the hair slowly, "I can live with that."

My mom walked in the room and leaned up against the wall.

"How was you're date sweety?" She said to me. I could feel her excitement.

"It was amazing! He took me to dinner where at least a dozen people had been waiting over an hour for a table, and we got to by pass all of them to a table where a dozen roses sat. We spent the time at dinner just talking. He's such a nice guy, and afterward he took me to the park to get ice cream and we just kept on talking. It's like he didn't expect anything from me but a conversation. He was so much fun and I had a blast."

Aunt Gen walked around the corner, "Oh I couldn't wait to talk to you anymore! I heard the whole thing! Don't you just love him!?"

My Dad stood up, "No ones loving anyone right now. She's 15!"

Gen looked a little embarrassed. I could tell my Dad felt bad, "Ok, I'm sorry that was totally out of line." He walked up and hugged her. "She's just my little girl. And my only little girl. I don't want her loving any other guys but me yet."

I wanted to cry. My daddy is the most important thing to me by far. "Daddy, you'll always be number favorite."

My mom jokingly looked at me, "Wow thanks JJ!"

"You know what I mean." I laughed and looked back to my Dad.

"As long as he didn't kiss you, I'd call tonight a success."

We all laughed and walked into the kitchen where Jared was pulling brownies out of the oven.

"Your Aunt told me that you already got ice cream with Jake, but I had to make brownies and ice cream for tonight."

"Oh my Cas! I love you Uncle Jared!"

He walked over and hugged me, "Seriously JJ, I'm so glad it's Jake you're going out with. I look at that kid like a son."

I smiled hugging him even tighter. After missing my Dad so much, I missed hugging my Uncle Jared like no other.

"Thanks Uncle Jared, you're so awesome," I took a bite of his brownie, "And oh my Cas these brownies are to die for!!!"