Homecoming (Part 2): The Big Game and the Dance

I made it through the entire week listening to Tish go on and on about how she was going to get to be the one to dance with Jake for this years King and Queen dance. I didn't believe it for a second, I mean come on, Jake and i were dating there's no way I wouldn't be voted for Homecoming Queen... right?

Friday came so fast, and Jake was so excited for tonight's game. I usually wore his jersey to the game, but since we were nominated for homecoming King and Queen I had to wear my Dress. 

Hallie and I got our coach to let us skip practice today so we could get ready for the big game. We raced home right after school so that we could make it back to the football field by Kick Off. We stood with the team, but didn't cheer tonight of course because we were in our dresses. I was bummed that Jake didn't have to wait until tomorrow night to see the surprise dress, but tonight was a good enough surprise. It wasn't like we were getting married or anything and this was my wedding dress, so I wasn't too upset about him seeing me.

Our team was up fourteen points in the first half and they called the nominees over to the far side of the field where we lined up behind the homecoming arch. As the band started to play, we walked out with our homecoming dates and lined up. My arm was wrapped around Jake's and we walked out to center field. They announced our names and everyone in the crowd stood and cheered for us. They announced the Homecoming King and to no ones surprise... it was Jake!

He walked out and grabbed my hand in his. I felt weird walking with him, but when they gave him the microphone I wanted to cry with what he said.

"Thank you so much students. What an honor to be Homecoming King three years in a row. I couldn't do it without you. Literally, because I kind of rely on you to vote for me." He got a good laugh from the audience. "But seriously you guys, this has been the one year I was actually hoping for King. My JJ was nominated as well, and it was everything I hoped for to get to dance with my Queen out on the Dance floor and show everyone how amazing she is. Thank you so much for this honor and I'll see you guys tomorrow night. Take care." 

He shook hands with the principal and the student body president. We walked off the field as the band began to play. 

He turned around to wave to everyone once we were in the middle of the field. We were the last couple to walk off, and just before we were off the field in front of everyone, he lifted me off the ground and spun me in a circle. He set me down and pulled me into him kissing me like he never had before. He punched his fist in the air and the crowed just roared. I could hear some of the football players  whistling, and some of the cheerleaders were cheering for us. 

He let go and looked at me, "I couldn't resist, your beautiful self was just calling to me."

I started laugh and put my hands on his cheeks pulling him into me, kissing him like I had before. I looked at him after and said, "There's never a dull moment with you, you always seem to make me smile."

He laughed and said, "Good, that's the goal." 

We walked off the field together as he got ready for the second half. 

Our team ended up winning the game that night by 28 points and we totally showed up the other team. They had had an undefeated season like our team, and we totally showed them whose boss. 

The next day, the guys were dressed and ready at our house by six. Hallie and I came down in our dresses as the guys stood in awe.

I walked up to Jake as his arms wrapped around my waist, "Man beautiful, I saw you yesterday but I'm still in awe at how absolutely gorgeous you are. Makes me wonder what I did to deserve such a girl like you." I just giggled and playfully pushed him.