Homecoming (Part 1): Say Yes to the Dress

Hallie stayed the night at my house last night so it would be easier this morning for us to get ready and go shopping with my mom and Aunt Gen. We got up at 8:30 and were down stairs ready to go by 9:00. My mom and Gen were already downstairs waiting for us. Tom was sitting on the couch drinking a pepsi. 

"Really Tom, at 9 in the morning, you've already got a pepsi?" I said mocking him.

"I think it's sexy." Hallie said walking over to him and sitting on his lap. "What colors do you want to wear to the Homecoming."

"Well my darling, you look beautiful in anything, so I'm fine with whatever you decide." Tom said hugging her before we left.

We drove in Aunt Gen's Mercedes that Uncle Jared had just bought her for their anniversary. 

"What do you girls say we hit up Starbucks before we start our shopping adventure?"

Hallie and I both looked at each other, "Yes, please!!"

Once at Starbucks, I ordered the s'mores hot cocoa. Hallie got the caramel cappuccino, and my mom and Aunt Gen both got the vanilla latte's. 

We continued our adventure to the dress store where we walked in and the lady immediately knew who we were. My mom was always in here looking for another dress for her photo shoots and movie premieres. 

"Hello Ms. Ackles, can I help you."

"Hello Stacy, this is my daughter Justice and her friend Hallie. We're here today because they are in need of homecoming dresses."

Stacy lit up with excitement. "Oh I can't even wait! Let me help you find something special!"

We headed to the back where the homecoming and Prom section was. There were hundreds of dresses. Hallie and I probably tried on dozens each before we finally found the ones we liked. We both were in the dressing room in stalls next to each other. 

"Oh Hallie, I think I found my dress! This one's so cute!" I yelled from my dressing room. 

Hallie started back at me, "I think so too! I love mine."

"Ok, let's walk out at the same time. 1...2...3!"

We both walked out to realize that we had picked practically the same dress just is different colors. I had a red strapless sweet heart neckline dress and hers was almost exactly a like in purple. My mom and Aunt Gen started laughing. 

"At least you both rock those dresses." My mom said.

I looked over to Hallie whose expression changed from excited to disappointed. She looked at the price tag and then started to say, "I don't know, it's just not me."

I could tell she absolutely loved the dress, and that she wanted it so bad. "Hallie, if you like the dress, we can get it for you."

"No, it's okay, I don't want you to do that. I'll just find something else."

Then Aunt Gen got out of her seat and ran up and put her arms around Hallie. "Hal, you know me, and have for years and years now. I'm a mom of two crazy boys. One of which you fell in love with." She giggled and then continued, "But the thing is, I don't have a little girl. I don't have someone who I can spoil and buy them shoes or homecoming dresses or take her to the nail salon or get her through her first break up. I can't do any of that because I don't have a daughter. I get to experience those things because of my beautiful niece JJ, but I don't have a daughter I get to mommy. Please let me be mommy for once and let me buy you this dress?"

Hallie hugged her and started crying, "Oh my gosh thank you so much Gen. I love you so much!"

Gen started crying and hugged her too. "Who knows, maybe one day I'll be buying you your wedding dress."

"Oh gosh Aunt Gen, don't have her married off to Tom quite yet!" We all laughed and decided we would go with the matching dresses. What were best friends for anyway if not to match your homecoming dresses?

After we had paid for the dresses, we went to the shoe store next door and picked out a pair of shoes. We laughed about how our dresses matched and then decided to get the same pair of shoes as well. Our shopping adventures were almost over and we stopped by the local soup and salad restaurant to get some lunch. 

After shopping all day for the homecoming, I just couldn't wait for night to finally be here! It was only 1 week away!

We went to school the next Monday and I was at lunch with my girl friends. Jake came up behind me and wrapped his hands around my waist. "How's my girl doing today?" He said resting his chin on my shoulder. 

"So excited!!! Their about to announce who the nominations are for Homecoming Queen."

Jake and I leaned against the wall in the cafeteria and he held my hand as we waited for them to make the announcement. 

"You know Jay, you still are just a Freshman, so don't feel bad if you weren't nominated. You're still my greatest queen." I loved him so much. He was so amazing to me. I planted a soft one right on his lips just for being wonderful.

The Freshman class president walked up to the microphone in the cafeteria and said aloud, "Hello Freshman class, it is my honor and pleasure to announce this years nominations for Homecoming King and Queen. We hardly listened to the nominations for the guys, and to be honest I didn't really care. All of my guy friends were juniors because they were friends with Jake. 

Finally they were announcing the Queen nominations, "And this years homecoming queen nominations are: Emma Stevenson, Tracy Lee, Hallie Smith, Tisha Walker, and Justice Jensen. Thanks for your nominations guys, go vote for who you want to be this years Homecoming King and Queen."

I was so excited! Oh my gosh I had been nominated for homecoming queen!!! Who cares that Tisha was voted, SO WAS I!!!!! 

Jake picked me up and spun me around. "See you're so beautiful of course everyone's going to vote for you! I've been homecoming king for two years in a row now, and I can't wait to meet my queen on the dance floor for the royal dance this year."

I laughed, "What makes you think you'll win again this year?"

"When you win it your freshman year, you're pretty much set for the rest of high school."

We playfully laughed with each other and enjoyed the last of our lunch our together so excited for this weekend. Jake was mostly excited about the big game though. It was homecoming game, as well as the game between us and our rivals. 

I just couldn't wait until Friday night!

Oh y'all! This is the first part of a three part Homecoming chapters theme. I'll post each part each morning at 11:00am. Spoiler alert the next chapter is titled: "Kick Off to Homecoming" Thanks for reading! Hope you love it! ;) (I can honestly say that you'll love the third part the best. It's my favorite so far!!!)