Road

*I really like this song it doesn't relate to CARMIN in this chapter but in general it does hehe

Yazmin's POV

It stopped raining when the cars started lessening on the road.We both hopped on the bike and peddled down the highway.I swear this highway goes on forever.

"Carter...someone's waving over at us!"I pointed to a car that pulled over.

Yes!

"Really?"He looked where I pointed.

"Hey kids,wanna ride?"The guy spoke through his window.

"I ain't a kid!"I blurted out loud.Oops.

"Yeah.Sure.We would love a ride!"Carter said,looking down at me with a mean glare.Yikes,sorry.

"Okay kids.Hop in."

Dear Lord I beg of you do not make this man a rapist or a murderer.Thank you.

I went into the back and Carter joined me.

"So where you guys heading?"The man asked.

"New York."I answered.

The man's face was in shock.

"Thats the opposite way!Its gonna take twice as long to get there.I'm not gonna be able to take you the whole way.I'll drop you at a bus stop to wherever you need to go. I'm Harold by the way."He said,taking the car in a u-turn which caused a lot of traffic in the road.

I can't believe we were going the wrong way.No wonder it felt like were weren't getting anywhere.

Carter's face expression read what I was thinking.

"Well I'm Yazmin and that's Carter."I introduced, smiling.

"Nice to meet you guys."

Carter nodded .

Harold talked to us while he drove.
"How did you guys end up stranded?"

My eyes popped out my head.

Carter looked over at me.What do we tell him?

I shrugged.

"Whats up?Did you guys get kidnapped?And run away or something?"Harold laughed.

We laughed along with him awkwardly.

"Of course not."I laughed.

Mhmmm oh my god.

Finally,he moved on from that subject and asked Carter about school and such.I zoned out because I obviously don't give two shits.He he.

After sometime I think I went to sleep because I felt Carters breath on my neck.

"Wake up.Were almost there"he whispered so softly.If I wasn't a light sleeper I don't know how the hell you suppose to wake somebody else up like that.I rolled my eyes.Boys.

I yawned and looked out the window.Ahhhh Manhattan. I missed it so much.

I'm so glad that Harold isn't some crazy person.

"Alright kids.This is where I go.Or you go.Whatever.The bus stop is across the street."He pointed.I nodded.Carter came out of the car and I followed.

When we got to the bus stop,the streets were basically deserted.That means it must be pretty late.

"Here it comes"Carter looked up the road.The MTA bus rumbled down the street.