Temptation

Hey Everyone
I know I never write a/n up here but I just wanted to say thanks for reading/voting/commenting on my story. It means a lot.And to thank you for that here is another chapter.A sorta long one.Enjoy.

I woke up.My heart was beating.What time is it?
I checked the phone.7;15 am.

Crap.We slept for that long.I looked up at Carter.Even when he's sleeping he's beautiful. That sounded really creepy.Okay,moving on.

I untangled my body from his.And took out the Escape Notebook from my bag.

Run as fast you can
Don't tell anybody about MARCO
Just pretend it never happened and you'll be safe
That's it
- Marco

My mouth dropped.Marco wrote this?He helped us escape? What the actual flippity doo dah!?!

No wonder he never came after us.But what if I do report this whole thing.I mean he knows I'm a cop.I have no evidence of the cabin.What if he leaves by then?I guess there really is no point.

"Yazmin..."Carter mumbled.He came over to me and kissed my cheek.What the hell?

"Uh...you okay?"I asked,moving away.

"Wait what?Oh sorry.I swear I thought I was just dreaming."

I raised my eyebrows shaking my head.

"Shut up,moaner."Carter mumbled ,stretching.

"I didn't even say anything.And..."I didn't know what to say for the moaner part.

"Anyways,Marco helped us escape."

Carters eyebrows knitted in confusion.

I showed him the book.

His face dropped as he read.

"Exactly."I replied.

"That is so cool."Carter breathed.

"No its not.You don't even look surprised by this."I looked at him suspiciously.

Carter shrugged."I am.I just think its good that he helped us."

Hmmm.Something seems really off.Oh well just might be my imagination is all.

"We should start moving.Who knows how long it will take us to get to New York going by this pace."

So we started walking.All we saw was trees,bushes and dirt.I had no clue where we were.I guess its time to call George.

I pulled out the phone.I clicked the power button.It wasn't turning on.No.Fuck.No!It can't be dead!It can't be.

Carter saw my expressions.

"You okay,Yaz?"

I wanted to cry.To be a teenager and cry.But I was a grown up and this was a small problem compared to everyone else's. I can deal with it.I'm strong and independent. Nothing to cry about.Just suck it up and keep going.

"Its dead.The phone is dead."My voice cracked.George was our only hope.Now its gone.

"Oh crap."Carter covered his mouth.

"Its okay.We just gotta keep moving ."I whispered as we walked.

Another day.And I felt like we haven't gone anywhere.When does the trees end?When do we get the hell outta here?