Barlowen {It Only Takes a Minute Boy To Fall In Love} {7/13}

The men sat side by side on the sofa. They were alone in the massive house and silent for a fairly long while.

Mark was the first to break the silence.

"Gary, I know now that it was a mistake. I was jealous of Rob for being so close to you. I suppose I wanted to expel some of those feelings... So I did it in the stupidest way possible- which was by...well, y'know."

"Oh indeed I do know. And let me apologise for hauling you out like that. I didn't even think to listen to your side of the story."

The tension in the room could have been cut with a knife, despite the friendly exchange of conversation. Mark was itching to tell the truth. Honesty was the best policy after all- He'd learnt that after cheating on Emma.

"Ga-"

"Mar-"

Both men stopped, smirked and looked at each other after trying to speak at the same time.
"You first..." Gary said, being typically polite and courteous.

"No, you first..."

Gary took a deep breath, the smile on his face fading. "Okay well," - he cleared his throat with a gentle cough - "I, um, I didn't necessary hate what happened last night. As you can tell, I wasn't repulsed. And if you must know, I wasn't all that drunk either."

Mark stared at him, his eyes searching for any sign that this confession could be a complete joke. Gary said nothing. Instead, he stared back with a defeated look on his face. Those blue eyes, so deep...

"Gaz, I- what are you saying?"

"I'm saying I liked it Mark. I enjoyed it."
"So did I. I think that much is clear."
"Why are we lying to ourselves Marko? Well, for a start, we both have wives."

"Yes."

"We both have kids."

"Yes."

"We're both in the public eye."

"Yep."

"We're both friends with a certain blabbermouth – Mr Robert Peter Williams, who would be naff at keeping this a secret."

Mark giggled and said, "Yeah."

"So there's no hope really."

Mark smiled sadly at his friend. "But Gaz, if we kept this between ourselves... then who are we hurting? Not our wives, kids or our fans. Rob won't know either. But we... we will be happy... for once." He took Gary's hand. "Please."

He moved in slowly, he was inches from Gary's face but it seemed like a lifetime for his lips to reach those of his friend. Both men took a sharp intake of breath at the warm contact of each other's mouths, but they soon continued to kiss. It was chaste at first, then slow and subtle. They enjoyed the taste of one another and soon it became too much. It was like dangling temptation in front of their eyes when they knew they could have it all – right now. The kissing became fiercer, brutal almost. Gary held onto Mark, running his hands through his hair and pushing him gently back onto the sofa so that the pair of them were lying down. They parted for a moment to gaze at each other. Gary looked incredibly handsome, his short blonde hair was ruffled out of its neat state, his lips were a little redder and his shirt was now undone at the collar. Mark's eyes had darkened in this lustful moment and his hair was a complete mess. His lips were parted as he tried to regain his breathing pattern- his chest rising and falling after their quick and passionate embrace.

Gary leaned down and kissed a trail up Mark's neck before nuzzling just under his ear. "Are you sure you want this?" he breathed hotly.

"Yes, Gary. I'm sure... Completely sure."