Barlowen {All Of the lines that got away} {3/5}

MARK

'okay, Where d'you wanna go?' I actually cannot believe he said yes. And he wants to go tonight! Wow. I wasnt expecting that at all.

GARY

Errr, where do I wanna go? Umm... I don't know. I don't really go to pubs that often but I do wanna get to know mark a bit more before the other lads. The only place I can think of is the bears paw - a pub just down the road from me. 'err, do you know the bears paw? In frodsham?' I hope it isn't too far away from him.

MARK
Hmm, Frodsham's ages away from me. I'm not sure how I would get there. 'Frodsham's quite a while away from me. Umm...' awh, that sounded weird. "I can pick you up in my car, if you want? We could go now?" 'that'd be cool.' I reply. I bet I look a mess. OH NO, MUM! 'err, Gary, I just have to grab my wallet. I'll be right back.' I run to my mum as fast as I can, I'm out of breath but I try to let her know. 'mum... I'm just gonna go to the pub with Gary for a bit. I'll be back later.' shes said that's okay. I Better run back. 'okay, bye!'

At the pub...

GARY
Ah, Mark's lovely. *checks watch* NO WAY?! No way have we been here talking for three hours?! I guess time really does fly. We joke about and talk for hours but it feels like minutes. I've never felt this way about anyone before, which is weird. All the gay feelings are coming back, Gary. No. Why am I thinking like this? Mark is a FRIEND. FRIEND, Gary, FRIEND. And that's all he ever will be. FRIEND.

MARK
I really wasnt expecting Gary to be this nice. 'sooo, do you have a girlfriend? Yea?' WOAH MARK WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT FOR THAT WAS THE GAYEST AND MOST OBVIOUS THING EVER, IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTE BECAUSE YOU'RE STRAIGHT AND GARY'S STRAIGHT SO SHUT UP. "yeah, she's called Lydia. She's gorgeous." See, mark. Hes got a girlfriend. 'cool.' "what about you?" he asks. Shall I say I do even though I don't? It'd make me sound less gay. I don't want the lie to spiral out of control though. 'err, I did. We broke up a few weeks ago.' that sounds okay, I guess. "Ahh, what happened?" Gary asks. NO. WHAT DO I SAY NOW?! I should have just told him the truth and that I haven't had a girlfriend for 2 years. 'err, I dont know really. Things just didn't work out though.' a part of me just wants to scream out - IM STRAIGHT IT'S OKAY I DONT HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU EVEN THOUGH IT SOUNDS LIKE IT... But that might sound a bit strange.