Barlowen {It Only Takes a Minute Boy, To Fall In Love} {2/13}

Weeks later and the tour was over. What an absolute blast that was.

Mark and his wife Emma were driving up the long road that led to Gary's mansion. They were all having a big celebration party with family and friends invited along too.

(Robbie had stayed for the whole duration of the tour and it had been a roaring success.)

Mark had stowed a few bottles of champagne in the back of his car for the other lads to enjoy, while he'd be sipping on orange juice or even milk.

The front door to the mansion opened before Mark and Emma had even got out of the car. Jason was there, grinning, all those sparkly teeth showing as he helped with taking the alcohol in and through to Gary's living and dining area.

Robbie and Ayda were happily snuggled on one of the ornate sofas. She was showing him pictures on her phone – probably of one of their nine dogs. The two were clearly in love, mirroring each other's movements and smiling at everything the other person said. Mark didn't feel jealous. When they finally noticed Mark was standing there, they stood up and greeted him with a hug.

Howard was late. Fashionably. But when he did arrive, he was looking smart and very happy.

"Off to Barbados after this," he said excitedly, holding his girlfriend's hand.
"Oh you lucky so-and-so..." Mark chirped.

"Well we're going to St Tropez next week," came a familiar voice from behind him.

Gary had his arm around his wife Dawn's waist and was holding a flute of champagne. Some kind of bizarre music was starting to boom out of the speakers.

"Oh yeah and this is Robbie's choice," Gary whispered in Mark's ear. "Not my taste of music, I assure you of that lad." Gary rolled his eyes and glanced over at Rob to check he hadn't heard. Mark stifled a giggle. Other friends and family members started to arrive, smiling and looking radiant. Mark couldn't help but feel underdressed in his scruffy but quirky attire.

A few minutes later, the sound of a spoon clinking on glass made everyone quieten down and Gary raised his champagne flute into the air. "To a fantastic tour... and most of all, to progress."

Everybody raised their glass.

Mark noticed Gary constantly trying to catch his eye. He looked a little lost; his lips parted slightly, his blue eyes staring intently. Mark felt as though he was staring right into his soul so he tried to shrug or tilt his head as if to say, 'what's wrong Gaz?' but then Gary would look away and turn to Dawn, showering her face and shiny blonde hair in little kisses