Epilogue

Listen to the song on the right! :) -------->>>>

Liam's P.O.V:

I didn't expect any of this to happen. If you asked me back in March when I fell in love with Jasmine that I would be the cause for her attempt of suicide I would deny it one hundred percent. I have never been so scared in my entire life. Seeing the one I loved covered in self cuts trying to dry swallow a bottle of pills. I was terrified. And I absolutely regret the first time I made fun of her, hit her. When I told my mother ans father the news they were going crazy over the phone and were back in Miami in a day.

Jasmine's father was all over the news and the search for her mother lasted on the news for about a week until they found her at Miami beach. She was just walking when they took her into custody and asked her questions about her husbands death. She had admitted to the police that she murdered Jasmine's dad. Jasmine was already at a fragile state and her finding out that her own mother killed her father made Jasmine bawl for an amount of time. She started seeing a therapist and she suggested that Jasmine stayed out of school until things calmed down. Her cuts were healing fast but I was afraid that if I touched her the wrong way, say the wrong thing, or even look at her the wrong way that she would break like a fine china hitting wooden floors.

In early December Jasmine was forced to go to court for the death of her father. I could tell she wasn't comfortable when they asked her questions about her family. Even though Jasmine's mom admitted to killing him they still had to go to court. In the end, Jasmine's mother was appointed 28 years to life.

Christmas came by and Jasmine was still living with us. She was recovering better and coming back to herself. We grew closer to each other and it surprisingly, it didn't feel awkward. My mom still doesn't know I bullied her all these years and I intended on keeping it that way.

I noticed Jasmine was getting to the end of her journal so I bought her a new journal for Christmas. The way she smiled at me when she opened it made me want to genuinely kill myself. She was just so beautiful. My feelings for Jasmine didn't change, I was still in madly love with her and she knew it. 

She went back to school in January. Her scars were healed on the inside and out. Everyone at the school knew Jasmine attempted suicide and that her dad died and her mother was in prison. They didn't make fun of her of hurt her, they all treated her like a new born baby. I broke away from my stupid friends and just hung out with Jasmine. She didn't mind. In fact, she told me she liked my company.

I didn't drop her off blocks before we got to school. No, I drove her the whole way and listened to her sing her favorite songs on the radio.

Our day was pretty routine. I'd come downstairs while she's already eating, I'd grab an apple while she'd grab a piece of bacon, my mom would say her goodbyes and we'd leave. When we'd arrive at school we say our goodbyes and see each other in fourth period.

I tried my absolute hardest to not bring up November in any form. I was cautious with my word choice towards Jasmine because I didn't want to hit a soft spot. Jasmine was so fragile to me. If she breaks, I shatter.

Time went by and it was already March. On the day of Jasmine's birthday my mom told Jasmine we could go anywhere for her birthday. Bluntly, she decided on going to the boardwalk by the beach. We had dinner then, by sunset we were walking on the boardwalk. My mom had a present for her I had no idea what it was. My mom seemed so excited, ecstatic when she pulled all of us aside and was about to reveal her present. When she did take the present out it was papers. I was a bit confused when she told Jasmine to read them. I remember how wide Jasmine's eyes got. I'm still unsure if it was from happiness or quagmire. I questioned what it was. My mom shrieked, "Geoff and I are now Jasmine's legal guardians!" Now my eyes were wide. "We can be like a real family now!" My mom cheered. Jasmine was still in shock, when she asked how my mom did it. "Well I visited your mom in December to talk about where you were going to live. I told her how I've been taking care of you and I asked her if I could have permission to be your guardian. She agreed. She  also told me to tell you she loved you and that she was sorry." Jasmine was absolutely gobsmacked as was I. When my mom didn't get a reply from Jasmine she worried. "Oh! Jasmine, I'm sorry I didn't even ask you! God. I'm stupid. Oh honey just forget all of this-" Jasmine replied reassuringly, "No, no, that's not the problem. I'm just. . Shocked. T-thank you Karen. I don't know what to say." My mom smiled, "Oh darling no need to thank me. This is going to be great. We can be a real family now." Those last seven words played in slow motion in my mind. It's amazing having Jasmine live with me but I love her like a lover, not like family. My mom pulled Jasmine into a hug as my father stood on the side smiling deeply while my mouth still hung open. Jasmine's eyes fell on mine as my mom still embraced her. She had worry in her eyes. So did I.