Chapter: 12 - "I haven't felt love in a long time."

Jasmine's P.O.V:

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I can't believe Karen is leaving me with Liam. Will I survive? She gave us emergency money for the week and said she would have a friend check up on us during the week. Liam argued, saying that he doesn't need someone to 'check up' on him. So Karen decided she would just call us daily and see how we were doing. Were about to drop them off at the airport. School wasn't so bad today, Liam didn't hit me. I mean, one of his friends did. . . Well, he just shoved me into a locker, leaving a big bruise on my arm. Liam didn't say anything, he just walked away. I ended up covering it with my jacket so Karen wouldn't see.

Just the thought that I'm most likely going to be living with Liam gives just me stomach pain. . . Just thinking about how this week will end up kills me. Idk what I'm doing writing in this journal. Maybe its because I need to let my feelings out.

I just wish someone would love me. Not like a boyfriend but, just love. Like a mom holding her child. That smile on a parents face when they get good grades. Or a dad playing catch with their kid. Best friends hugging a fight out. Maybe like a boyfriend. Like how in movies the boyfriend tells the girl he loves her, and she feels the same way then they share a compassionate kiss. I just want to be loved. I haven't felt love in a long time.

"Come on Jasmine!" I placed my journal in the wooden nightstand after hearing Liam. I grabbed my purse and made my way downstairs. When I arrived the bottom of the stairs I saw Karen with luggage, making her way out the door.

"Honey, do you mind helping me with my bags?" Karen asked, she moved her head towards the hall.

"Sure." I said as cheerful as possible. I grabbed a grey bag and noticed how heavy it was. Once my muscles adjusted to the weight I began walking out the door.

We drove to the airport in Geoff's car. Liam would drive back once we left. I sat in the backseat with Liam and never let my eyes leave the window. I didn't even know why I was going to the airport with them. They just told me to.

The whole situation was still confusing. My mind was filled with questions still I asked myself.

Where's my Mom? I wonder what my dad is doing.

Why am I in this car?

How is Debra doing? I hope she's not worrying about me.

How long will I stay with this family?

Will I ever see my parents again? If I do, what will I say? What will they say?

Why is my family so broken?

There was this one question that hurted my brain every single day.

Why does Liam hate me so much?

*

Before Liam's parents went through security in the airport they had a talk with us.

"Now, I expect you two to be very responsible while we're gone." Karen had a very serious look on her face as she continued, "I trust you." Those three words hit me hard. Karen really had trusted me with her house, cars, and alone with her son. It was hard to believe that she could trust me after knowing me for only five days. But her expressions showed the truth. Then, right there, I promised to be responsible and to gain even more trust with Karen.

Liam and I nodded our heads simultaneously.

"Do you have your money?" She asked. We nodded our heads again and she continued, "Okay, it should cover food, gas, and anything else." There was a long pause were we just stood there. It was getting awkward until Geoff started talking.