Chapter: 10 - "It was like a Beautiful Nightmare."

Jasmine's P.O.V:

My eyes fluttered open to a sweet enticing scent. My body felt weak from all the tears I had shed before going to sleep last night. I looked around my surroundings and actually remembered the events of last night. I brushed my fingers through my short blonde hair. As I wiggled my toes between the soft cotton sheets and thought about what to do next, a sudden knocking rung through my ears.

"Jasmine, are you awake, love? I made breakfast." The sound of Karen's voice through the wooden door made me smile.

"Uh, yeah I'm awake."

"Are you decent?"

"Haha, yeah." She slowly opened the door before fully walking into the room.

"I made some bacon and pancakes, if you want some." She said while motioning her hand back. I shuffled out of bed and said,

"I would love some."

"Great," She spoke with excitement which brought my smile back. "And today, me and you are going to the mall, to get you some outfits." My face frowned.

I didn't want her to spend her money on me. It made me feel like I was using her.

"What's wrong? You can pick out your own clothes if that's the problem." I must've really expressed my feelings on my face.

"No, that's not the problem. . . I just don't want you to spend your money on me. . . . I don't want to be trouble." She took a long pause before telling me to take a seat at the edge of the bed. She soon sat beside me.

"Look, when I asked you if you wanted to live with me and my family I knew what came along with it. I need you to understand that I want to do this. I want to help you Jasmine. If I didn't I would've left you at that store. I care about you." I took in all her words and thought about them.

"Thank you. Its just I haven't had someone care so much about me like you do in a while." She just smiled.

"Come on, the pancake's are getting cold."

"Okay."

*

"So, what mall are we going to?" I asked while she was driving.

Her eyes were focused on the road when she responded. "Aventrua mall. Have you ever been there?"

"Oh. Uh, no. I heard its really nice though." I smiled.

"So, what's your style?" I noticed my clothing; looking at my old shoes and dingy shirt.

"I don't really have one."

Karen chuckled, "Everybody has a style? hon."
I didn't have a 'Style'. Clothes were clothes.

*

About 30 minutes later we were inside the massive mall. Karen was filled with excitement.

"I just love shopping!" Her overwhelming joy made me smile. This was a side of Karen that I had never seen. She was usually sweet and serious. Then, she was like a teenager who just got their allowance.
She grabbed my wrist and hauled me to the first store she saw, Gap.

She instantly began searching through racks. She pulled out a polka dot top and held it to my body. She made a weird look and placed it back on the rack. I didn't really know what to do next. It was a little overwhelming.

"Start searchin'." I began searching and found a low waist jumpsuit. I looked at the tag and saw it was my size. The suit was really cute until I looked at the price tag. 63$. There was no way I was letting Karen pay that much for one outfit. I swiftly put it back on the rack and kept searching.