chapter 5

When we finally get to Illinois she looks a bit scared "I'm not leaving you okay? Imma stay in a hotel around here and be here everyday during visiting hours and I'm keeping my word, I promise I'll help you get better kiddo" for the first time she showed emotion and smiled a bit but frowns "what if I can't get better Demi" she sounded so vulnerable and scared so I pulled her into a side hug guiding her to the front door "everything works out in the end and if not then it's not the end" she nods with a little smile "thank you Demi" I kiss the side of her head "I had a lot of help when I was here and you are like a little sister and I wouldn't wanna be any where else right now" I open the door for the both of us not letting go because we both need the comfort but she stops "Demi what if this brings back memories? I can't let you slip because of me" I smile at her concern "I'm at a great place right now and helping you would put me in a even better place babygirl" we get to the front desk and they immediately remember me "Mrs.Lovato how are you doing, why are you here sweetie?" I smile "its nice to see you again, I'm great thank you and shes here because her last rehab didn't help her they just took away her problems with only pills so I want to sign her in" a look of disgust runs across her face "I'm so sorry sweetie, I can't believe people still do that" I nod "I was pretty mad" they take her to evaluate her and I talk to the therapist she was going to have the same one I had and I start telling her about y/n "she lost her 5 best friends in a car accident and everything went downhill for her. She started partying every night till one night she disappeared for three weeks and then she got put into a rehab that clearly wasn't doing their job well" we talk some more before I check on her and shes already passed out in bed and I smile walking over kissing her head and leaving.

YOUR POV

I woke up the next morning feeling shitty and I look around and I get up stretching and checking the door and it's open that's new I walk quietly through the halls until I hear someone behind me and I freeze "good to see you up Y/N" I turn and see a doctor "uh hello I was just looking for well uh anyone" he nods smiling "why don't you come to my office and I can explain some rules and things you need to do to be released but with your support I have no doubt you'll be out of here in no time" I nod following him.

The last few weeks I've felt great, Demi is here everyday helping me and they've helped me explore better options to deal with everything than negative self-destructive ways. I went to the visiting area expecting just Demi but I see little mix, fifth harmony and my family when they see me they all smile and my eyes land on Perrie who looks like she has mixed feelings and I smile at her and she walks over "you look great" my smile widens "thanks beautiful" she pulls me into a hug and I melt into her embrace "I think someone needs you more than I do at the moment" she steps asides and Lauren is standing there with a neutral expression and I walk over and stop in front of her, Cami has her hand on her shoulder "did you finally tell her how you felt?" Her look turns surprised "you knew?" I roll my eyes smiling "it was more than obvious" she laughs and pulls me into a hug I happily return.

We all go out to eat and Demi sticks by my side all night thankfully so no one over bared me with questions and when we get home Perrie follows me up to my room then closes the door behind us "I'm glad you're okay" I sit on my bed and smile "thanks, I'm sorry for just leaving without even a goodbye, I couldn't bring myself to do it because you mean so much to me and when things get hard I run but now I'm ready to face everything and I hope you're with me all the way" she walks pulling me up into a kiss that took my breath away. She pulls back and we both have smiles her blue eyes shinning into mine and I knew this is what I wanted, when I was away wished for it.

A couple days later i was okay, i wasn't taking my pill because it made me feel weird and its not like i need it, just to help me to balance emotions so I don't feel too much of one in a day but I snuck out to grab some pot and I haven't smoked yet but it's tempting, I finally break the thoughts and walk over grabbing some then heading to the roof. I hear a window then I look over to see Taylor with a smile "good thing they don't know about this spot" I smile and nod "I missed you" I smile "I missed you too" she shakes her head "you didn't need rehab, I was scared you were going to lose yourself, I love who you are because you are caring, protective, kind hearted and everything you can think of, as your sister is my duty to make sure they are all okay and you were just a little lost" I was mildly high "thanks Tay" we talked for an hour and I was stoned as fuck so we head downstairs.