fifty five

"What are you looking at?" I asked, sliding onto the sofa next to Mark.

"Apartments to move to, I've had enough of our privacy being invaded. I've only got you until the new year and I don't want people to ruin things for us." I ruffled his hair as I cooed him,

"It's going to be expensive to move Marky, we can deal with it." He shook his head as he clicked onto an apartment about twenty minutes away.

"It'll cause us more trouble than we need angel, I just want to move and live somewhere nicer than this place." I nodded and sipped my coffee, leaving him to do what he wanted.

"Haven't you got a meeting for your super secret project that you won't tell me about?" Mark asked, pointing to the time on the laptop. My eyes widened and I shot up from my seat, spilling a little bit of coffee on me.

"God dammit, I forgot. Thank you for reminding me." I leant down and pressed a quick kiss to his cheek, I dashed into the bedroom and slipped my shoes on. I had a quick glance in the mirror and was relieved that my hair looked acceptable enough to go out with,

"I'll be back around two." I said, pressing a sweet kiss to Mark's lips and dashing out of the door. Thankfully my project building wasn't too far away so I slipped my headphones in and played the Undertale soundtrack as I made my way down to the building, I looked to the left and spotted a girl that had previously knocked at our door, so I pulled my hood up and ran inside the building. As harsh as it was, I didn't want people to know where I went when I wasn't at home, especially considering this was he place that was hiding my big project.

"Morning Sean." Kath smiled, I grinned back at her and said hello before heading towards my meeting room.

An hour had passed and I'd done a lot more work on my project, I still couldn't believe it was happening - to me of all people. I stood up from the table and walked over to the printer, smiling at the image that had come out of it.

"What do you think Dan?" I grinned, showing my graphics designer the image.

"It looks incredible mate, that's one off the list!" I maintained the smile and scribbled down the name of the image on the paper before sliding it into the portfolio folder,

"Quick question," I said, passing Dan the folder.

"What's up dude?"

"I know this is top secret, but is there any possible way I could tell Mark? It's tearing him apart not knowing." I joked, he laughed at me before shaking his head.

"I'm afraid not, if anything goes wrong or he tells somebody then we can't really go through with it." I nodded, showing that I understood. I desperately wanted to tell Mark and he really wanted to know, but I didn't want to jinx anything. I was extremely passionate about this and I didn't want anything to jeopardise it. I picked up my phone from my desk and decided to send out a quick tweet,

Jack_Septic_Eye: Just finished a meeting with some very talented people for the secret project! Can't wait until I can tell you guys :D

I scrolled down a few of the replies and giggled at people begging me not to be bringing out a book, they appeared to be the only thing Youtubers were bringing out recently, and calendars. I didn't respond to any, however, to keep them guessing and plugged my headphones in. I put one into my ear and clicked play on my playlist, feeling a little bit of excitement as the Shadow Of The Colossus sound track played. I waved goodbye to my project manager and left the building, putting my other earphone in and making my way home.

I entered the apartment and dumped my bag in the hallway, being careful not to make any noise in case Mark was recording. I crept through the living room and chuckled quietly at the loud rumbling coming from my stomach, it was definitely time for some pizza and brownies. I glanced round the corner at Mark's door and spotted the pink moustache that was hanging on the shut door, signalling that Mark was recording. It was our system now, he'd put a pink moustache on his door when he was recording and I would put a mini Ireland flag; stereotypical, I know.