eight

[Sean's POV]

I lay on my bed, the only sound filling the room was the latest Game Grumps video. I'd taken roughly a week to myself and I hadn't contacted anybody or been on any of the social media sites, my YouTube channel had completely been taken off my agenda so I just spent time watching my other favourites. I'd had texts from people asking how I was but it felt good to just be distant, I didn't have to talk about feelings or explain why I'd not done anything productive for the past seven days.

I leant across and clicked onto Yami's latest video, groaning as my phone buzzed beside me. I checked to see who it was and sighed when my Daithi's name appeared, I swiped to the left and hit the speaker button.

"Sean, hey, finally," He began, I lay back down and waited for him to continue.

"I was wondering what you were doing tomorrow?" I let out a deep sigh.

"Nothing, just having a lot more me time. It's needed." He fell silent before coughing quietly.

"Oh, well I was thinking maybe we could meet up again? You know, catch a movie or something?" I politely declined but he wasn't giving in,

"Well just expect me to be there tomorrow, you can't hide away in your bedroom all day binge watching YouTubers." I rolled my eyes,

"You can come if you want to, it doesn't mean I'll answer the door." He groaned from the other side of the phone before laughing lightly.

"You're hard work Sean, just keep your mind open." I let him finish before hanging up and finishing watching the video.

I never understood why people didn't let you have your own privacy, fair enough I'd been gone for a while but I made it pretty clear that I was taking a break. I didn't want people to worry about me, I was not worth it. The last thing I wanted was Daithi watching me mope sadly around my house, he should be out with people that make him happy or facetiming his girlfriend. Not feeling like he has to babysit me.

---

I woke up the following morning and checked my phone, I had two texts. One from Daithi and one from Mark,

Mr De Nogla: Not sure if I'll make it today actually Sean, something came up but I suppose I could try. You now have my permission to stay at home and binge watch videos, just make sure you're showered and dressed just in case I come!

I rolled my eyes at him, he sounded exactly like my ma when she rang me the other morning asking how I was. She explained how I should 'get out of the house' and 'smell the fresh air', I was quite comfortable with the smell of raspberry and vanilla in my flat. I didn't need no outside air, I had windows for that.

I typed a quick response,

Jackaboy: I told you not to worry about coming anyway but I'll make sure I shower and that just in case. Go enjoy yourself D, don't worry about me.

I clicked off his messages and opened Mark's,

Markimoo: Hope you're feeling better today Jack, I know it's been a while since we last spoke but I'm still concerned. You'll have a better day today, I promise 😉 x

I frowned at my phone, my days felt like they were getting more worse than better. I shrugged if off and closed the text down, not bothering to reply. I had a quick check of the time, 10:34am, it was a good enough time to shower.

As I stepped into the shower, I began replying the last time me and Klo were together. I had flew over to Korea to see her as a surprise for her birthday, the look on her face was beautiful. She seemed so shocked that I was there and couldn't believe that I had actually made it in time. I'll never forget the smile and the other memories that came with that night, if you know what I mean.

I spent the following days just hanging around with her family and exploring places in Korea, her brother and his boyfriend took me to the places that were most important to them. The café in which they met, the lake where they made things official and finally the park where her brothers boyfriend proposed. They were the sweetest couple I had met and I appreciated them so much for being open and happy about their sexuality, even though it is accepted a lot more nowadays, they still had a few struggles to face. Nevertheless, I still admired them for their bravery. I was just sad that I probably wasn't going to see them again or communicate with them, things would just be too hard for me and Klo.

I finished in the shower and dried myself off, deciding to go to the shop whilst I was refreshed and had some free time. I changed into some jeans and my new booper dooper top and headed for the door, grabbing my wallet and keys along the way. I stepped out into the street and was greeted by the cold, Irish air. Ireland was never popular with sunny weather, it was usually thunderstorms and hail that haunted us. Thankfully today was a little breezy so I wasn't going to get caught up in a second shower.

I entered the shop and smiled at Kusan, he was one of my favourite people that I had met in Ireland. He owned the shop just a few doors down to me and was the loveliest man that helped me when I moved into my new flat, he showed me the best places to go for food and shopping and guaranteed me the 'friends and family' discount whenever I went to his shop. I picked up a few bits for the house and a microwave pasty before placing them onto the counter, I wasn't in the mood to cook so the microwave was my next best option.

"Hey man, haven't seen you in a while." Kusan said, scanning my items and placing them into a bag.

"I've not been feeling the best, I needed some time." He nodded and priced all my items up.

"I saw your video, I was going to come and see you but I didn't know if you wanted to be alone. Just remember that you've always got me to talk to." I smiled and thanked him, handing over my money as I did so.

"Was it a major problem or something small?" He asked, handing me my bag. I checked around, just to make sure that nobody was listening. I trusted Kasan, but I wasn't too sure about the other guys.

"Me and Klo kind of, you know, broke it off." He looked at me sadly and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm really sorry buddy, she doesn't know what she's lost. I hope things get better for you and remember, if you need me, I'm here. Any day or any night, call me or come down and I'll be right at your service." I thanked him again and left the shop, heading back up to my flat.

My phone vibrated as I entered the house so I slipped my shoes off and opened up the message, it was Daithi again.

Mr De Nogla: You're going to love me just as much as you love cake!!

------
QOTC: who's your otp?

AOTC: Larry stylinson (if you aren't a fan, oops)