eighty seven

I had sucked up my feelings and treated Daithi like the wonderful house guest he was. In the morning I made him and Sean cups of tea and even offered to drive them into town so they could do their Christmas shopping.

I couldn't help but feel a tad guilty about the way I had spoke to Sean yesterday, but I knew he forgave me and that I should not keep pushing about his secret project. The last thing I want to do is make him lose his contract, and if me finding out means there is a risk of it then I never want him to tell me. This project meant the world to Sean and I know he would do the same for me if it was something I was working on.

As for the ring situation, I had to hide it pretty good. Sean was searching all of the drawers in the house for scissors and tape so he could wrap his Christmas presents, and it was too risky keeping it on me with how often Sean's hands were dancing round my body. I eventually ended up hiding it in my glasses case in my bedside table, I know it was not the best hiding place but it would do for now.

Disturbing my trail of thought was a loud buzz coming from my mobile phone, I smiled as I saw Sean's mom's name on the caller ID and answered the phone, holding it up to my ear.

"Hello Mark we've just landed at the airport! Where do you want us to wait?" I had a quick look at my watch,

"Wait in the café area and I'll be there in ten minutes, I've got a hotel booked for you tonight and tomorrow we'll pick you up and bring you here. Remember, if Sean rings you for any reason, you're still in Ireland and you have no plans of seeing him until New Year." I grinned, she agreed with me and said goodbye before hanging up. I grabbed my keys and jogged out to my car, hopping into the driver's seat and heading for the airport.

-

I pulled up in the car park of the hotel and jumped out, opening the door for Sean's mom who also climbed out.

"So he has no idea we're here?" His dad asked, grabbing one of the suitcases. I shook my head with a wide smile on my face,

"Nope, no idea. He's out shopping with Daithi at the minute, he's going to be so excited to see you both. He keeps talking about how he needs to find time to go back to Ireland for a visit, he wants to see Malcolm really badly too. It was just a shame he couldn't make it over, but he has his own family so I understand." We all nodded and entered the hotel. I got their keys and helped them carry their luggage up to their room.

"Wow Mark this is beautiful!" His mom exclaimed, rushing over to the window and admiring the gorgeous view. I smiled and placed one of their bags down,

"I had to get the best, even if it was just for one night. I hope you both enjoy yourselves, I just can't wait for Sean to see you tomorrow. I'll be back around ten thirty to pick you up, and I'll bring Sean too." His dad smiled at me and gave me a quick hug, soon followed by his mom.

"See you tomorrow Mark." I waved goodbye and jogged down the stairs to my car, texting Sean on the way to see if they needed picking up yet.

Sean's POV (The Following Morning)

I woke up and smiled sheepishly at Mark who had just entered the room, wrapped in a towel only covering his bottom half.

"Have you been working out whilst I've been gone? You look a lot more buff." I giggled, eyeing his body rather greedily. He looked down at his torso before tensing his abs, 

"I had to keep myself busy without you, so I may have hit up the gym a few times." He winked at me as he picked out some clean clothes for the day,

"Come on you, we've got somewhere to be." I glanced at the clock, it was only nine am.

"Where do we need to be at this time?" He held a finger to his nose and tapped it before pulling the duvet off me,

"That's for me to know and you to find out, now up." I rolled my eyes and shuffled out of bed, picking up a pair of joggers and pulling them on. Mark scooted over and gave me a quick kiss before handing me a towel,

"You might want to shower before you get dressed." I frowned and pretended to be offended before laughing and entering the bathroom and stripping off again.

It turns out I was in the shower for longer than Mark wanted and I had to rush to get ready, leaving me no time to sort out the green mess that was on my head. Mark's solution to that was a 'Britney Bitch' cap but I decided to just deal with the mop and joined him in the car. 

"So where are we going?" I questioned, buckling my seatbelt up.

"Like I said, it's for me to know and you to find out." I furrowed my brows,

"OK... So when do I get to know?" 

"In about ten minutes." I bit my lip and looked out the window as Mark began driving, I had absolutely no idea what was going on. He had hinted at nothing and there was no indication as to where we were going, he was taking all different roads to what I was used to. 

Eventually I gave in and sat back in my chair, staring out of the window as I waited for us to arrive at our destination. When we finally arrived I had never been so confused, we were parked outside some fancy looking hotel and I was instructed to wait by the car. 

"Have you booked us a room right round the corner from our house?" He laughed and shook his head,

"No silly, that's a waste of money. Just close your eyes and wait."  I huffed and crossed my arms across my chest, closing my eyes.

I heard a few scuffles and the sound of suitcases, but I kept my eyes shut and waited patiently.

"OK, open your eyes in 3...2...1...open." My eyes snapped open and within a split second I burst into tears. Stood in front of me was my ma and pa.

I ran straight towards them and engulfed them both in the tightest hug possible, crying extremely hard and probably snotting all over them.

"Are you alright buddy?" My pa asked, rubbing my back lightly.

"Wh-what are you guys doing here?"

"We've come to see you for Christmas!" I shook my head, this was THE best Christmas present I could ask for. 

I pulled them both back into a hug and squeezed them tightly, kissing my ma on the cheek before pulling away.

"Thank you so much," I sobbed, looking over at Mark who was taking pictures.

"There's just one more surprise to come, and it will be revealed tonight at dinner. All you need to know is that the dress code is extremely smart, and there's a good chance you'll cry again, but in a good way."