twenty four

feeling like this [the picture] would be justin

shayla

now i understand why justin always sleeps when he gets back from a trip. we got straight to the hotel and decided to sleep the rest of the day.

the screams outside of the hotel weren't helping. "we either find a way outside of the hotel to a different one or find a way to block out the screaming." justin suggests, me noticing how tired he is.

frowning, i stand up. "where are you going?"

"try to go to sleep." i say, sliding his jacket on, then asking one of the security guards to come down to the lobby with me.

when i got down there, the screaming got louder. cringing, i walk toward the closest fan and leaned toward her. after i has whispered, she passed on the word which got them to all quiet down.

"alright, i know you all wanna meet justin but he's jet lagged and really wants to sleep. if you guys could just either keep it down or go home and come back in the morning, he'd be glad to meet you all."

justin

watching from afar of the lobby how shayla talked to the fans and asked for them to quiet down was amazing.

"stop blushing like a school girl." scooter nudges me. he smirks, then rolls his eyes. "don't give me that look, you know you're blushing."

"i mean i love her, how could i not?"

"you should tell her how you feel."

"that's a horrib-"

shayla was walking over so i shut my mouth, and just hugged her. "didn't i tell you to go to sleep?" she laughs.

"yes but you walked out too quick for me to just let it go. i wanted to see what you were doing and the fact you just hushed over hundreds of people for me-"

"shut up." shay laughs. "i don't like seeing you stressed, you need the sleep."

"love you." i say softly, knowing i meant it in a different way then she's going to reply.

"you know i love you too."

+

the next morning, i was up before her, so i decided to shower and just finish up some songs. looking over at her on the bed, i smiled.

"stop staring at me." she mumbles, and i just laugh. "write your songs, leave me alone."

"is someone on their per-

"no, shut up." she laughs. "im gonna go shower."

nodding, i let her do her thing as i was writing. nothing was coming to mind as i was sitting in the chair. as much as i hate to admit it, selena was always the one to spark my ideas because of our relationship and now that we're not together, all i can think of is songs of how happy i am that our relationship is over.

love yourself wasn't finished, and that was definitely the song telling her how i felt.

"...i never liked to admit that i was wrong, and ive been so caught up in my job..."

i sang the song to melody i thought would fit, also writing in some lyrics along the way.

"...and if you think that im still holdin onto somethin, you should go and love yourself."

humming, i decided to have an instrument solo after that part, then continued on with a different verse and the chorus following after.

"watching you write songs has to be the most interesting and calming thing ever." shayla says from the bed. looking over at her, she continued putting lotion on her legs, only in a towel.

breathing in, i closed the notebook i was writing in, and set it down. "did i interrupt you?" she asked.

"no." i stretch as i stand up. "we should go down to the beach."

"you know i hate the sun. me and the sun don't get along."

"shay, your skin is gorgeous. if you do get darker in the sun i don't notice nor do i care. you're still you." i say, she just sighs, then nods.

"fine, i'll go but i want sunscreen even though it barely helps." she rolls her eyes. "i didn't even bring a swimsuit, give me one of your shirts."

"no." i laugh. "go buy one."

"im broke."

"i'll pay."

"i don't know where to go."

"you have an iphone."

she groans loudly, "justin! i don't wanna wear a swimsuit, just give me one of you wife-beaters!"

"fine!" i whine as loudly as her, making her scowl at me. "don't hit me."

"im not lifting my arms or my towel is gonna fall." she rolls her eyes, sliding on her underwear under the towel, then dropping it to put her bra on.

that might've been the worst timing for someone to walk in, so i hugged her, and scooter just laughs. "put a do not disturb, gosh." scooter says.

"or just don't walk in." shayla says, grabbing her bra, and covering herself.

"well, i can tell you two are planning to do something so just make sure you're at the studio for your interview around five." scooter hands me an address, then turns to walk away. "oh and there's a lot of paparazzi and fans still outside."

------

the problem is

idk what do to with this story. i don't know how to make shay realize justin's feelings .. i don't want this to just turn out to be one of those stupid clichés where he gets a girlfriend and she realizes how much she's loved him and regrets not taking his offeR UGH