twenty seven

justin

trav and i were talking after everyone had left out. he was asking me about the album then the infamous question was asked, "who's the song about?"

"it's about my best friend." i admit. "i don't wanna get all sentimental but i love her and not in the way everyone thinks. every coupley thing ive done ive just wanted it to be her."

he nods, "you should just go for it man."

"it's not that easy, what if she doesn't feel the same? our friendship, it could be ruined."

"you won't know until you try. im guessing you two have been friends for hella long so im pretty sure she'll get over it if it doesn't work out."

+

the next morning i woke up to ryan shaking me and screaming my name. "what? what the fuck!" i groan loudly.

"i overheard shayla and nicole talking!"

"about what? dude, if it's something stupid, im going to take my house key back."

"she knows you love her. and not love her like love love her. she heard you talking to travis."

as soon as the words left his mouth, my heart dropped. i covered my face, now realizing why she didn't text me where she was or why she didn't come back last night. "are you okay?"

"no." i mumble, sitting up. "i've ruined everything."

"what if she feels the same way?"

"i doubt it." i sigh, feeling tears well up.

ryan came over and hugged me. i breathed in, and breathed out, trying to calm down. "shayla's calling. answer it and make it seem like you weren't crying."

"but i wasn't."

"you were about to."

rolling my eyes, i pick up my phone, and answered with a shaky, "hello."

ryan groans, then walks away. "are you okay?" shayla asks, and i answer yes.

"you sure?"

"yes, im sure." i inhale, then exhaled. "why didn't you tell me where you were? i texted you."

"i don't go anywhere except for your house and nicole's." she says, me knowing there was a large awkward tension between us. "look, we need to talk."

"shay, if this is about why you overheard, i-i don't want to talk about it."

"bu-"

instead of hearing her argue with me that it was necessary we talk, i hung up, and crawled back in bed. eventually, ryan came back up with food that i didn't even eat.

"you can't stay in your room all day. you have an interview."

"no i don't cancel it. i don't care."

++

shayla

while i was going through channels, i saw justin so i decided to watch it. it's a live interview, me realizing how sad and tired he looks.

when he talked, i heard the boredom in his voice. "he looks like shit." nicole said loudly, me looking at her. "sorry, it's true though."

"yeah, and it's my fault." i sigh. "what the hell do i do?"

"make him talk to you."

"i don't wanna see him face to face yet. i just found out my best friend has feelings for me, i can't just act like nothing's different." i look at nicole, and she smirks while biting into the caramel dipped apple slice.

"you may not realize it but he's the one for you. i know how sensitive you are when boys have a 'racial preference' and justin obviously doesn't, and you two know everything about each other. and if it doesn't work out, im pretty sure you two can work it out."

nodding, i stand up, asking her to drive me to his house. she happily nods, sliding on her shoes, grabbing her keys and running out the door in her pajamas.

----

eh this book is flopping but oh fuckin well

it's thanksgiving and im eating hella food !!!!!

BUT YO I GOT ON THOSE HOVERBOARD SCOOTER THINGS TODAY IT WAS LIT ASF