twenty one

justin

i heard the door open, followed by a "justin, are you home?" then i realized that liz was naked in bed next to me. fuck, i whispered, not wanting to just kick liz out. i don't know why i let this happen but i fucking regret it now.

"yeah im here." i say, walking out of my bedroom. "where have you been?"

"at the mall. nicole likes to shop heavy, i don't like it."

"why didn't you get anything?"

"didn't know we were going to the mall so i didn't bring a lot of money."

nodding, i sit down, and she squints at me from across the kitchen islands. "what?" i question.

i watch as she puts a chip into her mouth, chews, then chuckles. "there's a girl upstairs isn't there?"

"wh- how did you know?"

"your hair, the perfume, and the fact you came downstairs when i called your name."

"oh." was all i had to say.

"it's your house, you can tell me to leave."

"but i don't want you to. i just don't want it to be awkward with me, and her, and you."

"it won't, if you officially introduce her to me." she says, walking over to me. while fixing my hair, she smirks. "who is it?"

"it's the girl from the auction."

"the crazy fan?"

"she's not crazy." i laugh. "she's actually really sane."

"for now."

rolling my eyes, i take her bag of chips. i wanted to ask her about the boy she was seen with, but i didn't want to intrude in her business. "justin, can i ask you something?"

"anything."

"you promise you won't go all dad on me?"

"depends." i smirk, raising an eyebrow, and she hits me in my chest. "come on, you can't get mad, you set yourself up."

"by dad i mean overprotective!"

"depends." i repeat. she puts the bag of chips on the counter, and grabs my hands.

"i'm going on a date tomorrow, with a boy i met when i was with nicole."

my heart sank. looking down, then back up at her, i squint. "is he a fuckboy, because i-"

"justin, i just met him. he's one of nicole's friends. his name is christian."

"i had a friend named christian. he thought my fame was getting to my head so he told me to never contact him again." i look down, actually missing christian more than i wanted to. i'd sometimes watch our old youtube videos, and just wish that he was still here.

"im so sorry." she hugs me, and i hug her back. "that's horrible."

"i've gotten over it, a little."

"well, that's good." she smiles. "im gonna go shower."

while she was walking away, i followed behind her. "where is he taking you on your date?"

she rolls her eyes, "not telling you."

"fine. i'll just check social media."

+

i was serious about checking social media. and the resulted almost made me want to cry. "what's wrong?" ryan questioned, as i walked into the studio.

"nothing." i sigh, knowing im going a photo shoot and several lonesome interviews.

"there's something wrong, what's wrong?" scooter says, walking up behind ryan. "you can't have a bad attitude during this."

"christian is on a date with shayla at this second. the christian that told me that im letting fame get to my head, he told me to never contact him again and he goes and dates my best friend." i calmly sat, scooter's eyes widening.

ryan grabs my shoulders, then tells me to chill. "i can't chill, ry. what if he's planning something or just wants to see me hurting?"

"you're just in your feelings, justin. we all know you miss christian, there's no hiding that, but what if he actually doesn't know that shayla's your best friend."

"how come you didn't know that nicole was friends with him?"

"she is?" ryan exclaims just as confused. "what the fuck."

sighing, i walk to my dressing room trying to figure out if im sad because she's dating my ex best friend or because she's on a date in general and there's no chance for me anymore.

i shouldn't have fucked liz when i have obvious feelings for shayla. i tried to convince myself liz is just a girl to fall back on since the girl i love doesn't love me.

---

double update because yolo swag 3hunnit