eight

justin

she fell asleep in my arms so i had called a car, and carried her there. when we pulled up to the house, i carried her in and turned up the heat so we didn't freeze because of how soaked we are.

"babe, wake up." i say softly, her shifting around in my arms. she hums, then opens her eyes. "wake up, you have to get changed."

"take me upstairs." she mumbles. rolling my eyes, i take her into the bathroom, then went to grab some clothes. when i returned to the bathroom, she was in her lingerie. i stood there, waiting for her to take her clothes from me. "put them down, i'm getting in the bath."

"don't take long, i have to shower too."

"you have two bathrooms."

"the one downstairs is creepy." i pout, and she rolls her eyes. she then pouts looking into the mirror. "what's wrong?"

"my hair."

when i remove my sweatshirt, i smile. "i like it like that. is that your natural hairstyle?"

"yeah. when it dries it becomes a somewhat afro. i always flat iron it, im surprised you've never seen me in my ratchet state."

"don't say that. that word is annoying. isn't that a cartoon or a tool?" i question, sitting down on the toilet seat as i remove my skinny jeans that are extra clingy since they're wet.

"give me one of your very old shirts when i get out."

"why?"

"just do it." she rolls her eyes, feeling her curls. chuckling, i grab her wet clothes and take them downstairs to wash them. i just found an old black t-shirt, then threw it into the bathroom on my way back to my bedroom.

+

after i exited the bathroom, i heard shayla softly humming to a familiar song. when i entered, she had my shirt wrapped around her hair. "what t-"

"shut up."

"wh-"

"shut up."

rolling my eyes, i pull basketball shorts on, then sat on the bed with her. after she gotten comfortable as well, we just sit there. "do you want to go shopping tomorrow?" i look at her.

"for what?"

"clothes. clothes that you want. whatever clothes that make you feel happy about yourself."

she blinked, then wrapped her arms tightly around me. "i love you. im so glad i have you."

"i love you too, baby."

---

i leave for school in 18 minutes fml