"Do you think she'll be here?" Tonks questioned beside him as they continued walking.

"It's worth a shot," Vic shrugged.

When they broke through the tree line they found the canyon, it was just as beautiful as before. But Alexandria was nowhere to be seen.

"You take left and I'll take right," Tonks whispered before walking off with her wand out.

But Alexandria was never found there. Vic's heart dropped slightly. But somewhere else, someone's heart was lifted when he found the familiar vampire whimpering against a tree-hoping for death to take her.

~*~*~

Fred dropped all caution and ran full sprint to the sound of crying, he knew it was her. Deep down he knew it was as he ran ahead of Lupin.

Alexandria shook and drew away from him, screaming and howling at the mere contact. Lupin began to place spells around them in case anyone happened upon them as Fred knelt down beside her.

"Lexi, it's me, Freddie!" Fred whispered as he held out a hand for her.

"Please don't hurt me anymore," Alexandria sobbed as she flinched away from him. Fred looked at Lupin who was watching with shock. Unable to process how right Vic was about finding Alexandria. "Just leave me alone...I just want to die."

"I would never hurt you," Fred said as he tried to calm her. His heart fell slightly as he took in her appearance, in the light he could see that her eyes were complete black pits.

"Yes, yes you would! You did so many times before! You're not here to help, you just want to hurt me again," Alexandria sobbed and shook her head, "please. I'm tired of all the pain you've caused me."

Lupin motioned for Fred to walk away and he took a step toward her, Alexandria's body shook entirely as she sniffed and curled away.

"Alexandria Desmond, it's just us. We're here to help you," Lupin said quietly, attempting to sooth her.

"Why would you help me?" Alexandria scoffed.

Lupin looked up at Fred helplessly, "because we're your friends."

"I have no friends," Alexandria spat angrily. "Never had any, people just want me gone."

Lupin stood up, Alexandria buried her face into her arms and shook violently, Lupin stood close to Fred and leaned close to speak without being heard.

"I'm going to stun her and we're going to take her back home," Lupin spoke softly.

"What's happened to her?" Fred questioned desperately as he watched the poor girl shake. No matter how much he wanted to hold her, he couldn't.

Lupin shook his head sadly and turned around, without a word he shot his wand at Alexandria and her body stiffened. Lupin picked her up without effort before they apparated away.

When they arrived at Shell Cottage, Bill, George and Kingsley shot up from their chairs as Lupin placed Alexandria gently on the couch.

"My god, what happened?" George whispered as he studied her.

Alexandria was covered in dirt and blood, cuts trailed her arms and there was a huge bloodstain on her shirt front that when lifted revealed a horrible wound that was slowly healing itself. Her hair was in horrible knots and the hair dye she had once used had grown out, revealing her original hair color underneath. The binding spell was released and Alexandria began to scream and thrash about. Fred stood helplessly watching, she didn't accept his touch, screaming that he would kill her. Something had happened to her down there. Something dark and horrible, Fred's heart sank as he watched Alexandria thrash about.