xii. evelynnstagram

Evelynn and I had been relishing in each other’s words for the past hour but then my phone suddenly rang and its presence made Evelynn and I both jump out of our skins.

After we recovered from the initial shock of my obnoxiously loud ringtone interrupting our peaceful silence I fumbled to get the phone out of my pocket.

I saw the caller ID and wondered why Niall was calling me because he never bothered to call or text, he was too lazy.

“’Sup Niall. What’s going on mate?” I said in a cheery tone.

“Do you and Evelynn want to come round mine tonight, have a few drinks and rented movies maybe we could just have a good night in with the lads, Josh and Alice are going to come round as well.” He said cheerfully.

“Hold on mate, let me ask Evelynn.” I answered and put the phone to my chest. “Do you want to come round to Niall’s tonight with the lads and me? Alice is going to be there so you won’t be the only girl.”

“Sure why not.” She shrugged and went back to staring at the river before us from where we were sat on the bridge.

I smiled as wide as I could but she didn’t seem to notice my sudden happiness at her agreeing. I didn’t think that it would be that easy to make her agree with me but since I was on a trial run with her heart and all her emotions, we had got along a whole lot better.

I took the phone off my chest and got back to Niall. “She said yeah, what time do you want us to be there?”

“You have to be there at seven on the dot otherwise we’ll start your favourite movie without you and you’ll miss your favourite bit.” Niall said jokingly and he was probably smiling at the other end of the line.

“Sure, do you want us to bring anything?” I asked, already mentally preparing for the long list of items he would send us to get.

“A load of beer and some crisps.”

“Sure mate, see you at seven.”

“See you.”

I ended the call at looked at the round digits on my phone clock and realised that we had two hours to get ready and get the objects that Niall oh-so-needed.

“Evelynn?” I said her name softly because she seemed to be dreaming in those beautiful eyes of hers.

“Yeah, sorry.”

“We have to be at Niall’s by seven and we might want to make sure that we are wearing something a bit nicer than this.” I said to her and she furrowed her eyebrows.

“Harry, do we know where we are?” She said and I wondered what relation that had to our current situation.

“We’re at a park near the dance studio.”

“Do you remember the way back?”

“Not really, do you?”

“Not a clue, are we lost?”

“No we’re not lost.”

“Where are we then?”

“I have no idea.”

“We’re lost.” Evelynn and I said at the same time.

I stood up and smoothed my gym outfit; making it free of creases. I held out my hand to Evelynn but she just shrugged and got herself up, trying not to fall into the river.

If she fell in the river I would have probably laughed myself silly and then joined her in the river and we would have had a water fight like they do in cheesy romance movies but she didn’t fall in so I never had the chance to have some fun.