xiii. risks

-Evelynn-

Harry and I laughed and sang along to the familiar pop songs that came on his radio.

Harry and I had also become a whole lot closer in the course of the couple of weeks that we accepted each other. It wasn’t like I was prepared to admit my undying love for the boy, I was just comfortable.

I was comfortable in the fact that Harry was trying not to be cheesy and wasn’t popping up with bottles and bottles of French champagne every time I stepped out of my front door. I was comfortable that we were friends with no real complications apart from the fact that Harry was still ‘winning me over’. I was comfortable that I wasn’t going to fall head over heels in love with the boy in the foreseeable future.

Harry and I had become like the type of friends who just felt good in each other’s presence and could have a comfortable silence. It wasn’t like we had become best friends and we were secretly in love with each other. That is what happened in cheesy romance books and my life was far from one of those.

“Do you want me to drop you off at your flat?” Harry asked as we pulled into a spot outside my block.

“You can come in and wait in the living room if you want?” I offered and he seemed to take it because he nodded.

We walked into the block and talked and chatted random bullshit until we got to my flat. I fiddled with my keys knowing that Alice wouldn’t be home because she’d be getting ready at Josh’s. 

“Erm the kitchen is through there if you want to make a coffee or something. I’ll be ready in about half an hour.” I said and left him too it.

I walked into my bedroom and to my wardrobe and attempted to debate on what to wear. I opened my wardrobe and sighed, there were a myriad of colours and I had no clue what to pick.

All I knew is that we were going round to Niall’s and that Harry needed to bring drinks and crisps. On that basis and that basis alone I had absolutely nothing to go on. I flicked through the material items and picked and threw a few items onto my bed.

I had chosen a few dresses and heels and some jeans and t-shirt combos. After putting the hangers in front of my body for a bit I eventually decided on a mint blue dress which showed a bit of leg but why not eh.

I chose some wedges that went perfectly with the dress and also topped it all off with a simple black belt which would fit around my ever growing waist. I laid the chosen clothes on my bed and proceeded to sit down at my dressing table where I would sort my hair and makeup out.

I got my hot pink straighteners out of the drawer. I straightened my hair from root to tip and then curled the ends so it gave the perfect natural wave look. Then I applied a flick of liquid eyeliner on each eye and put the mascara on in a professional way which I had mastered since coming back from Afghanistan.

I never liked concealer, foundation or blusher because I never needed to know the use of it so I just didn’t use it so I just went straight to applying a light pink gloss to my lips to give them that extra shine.

I smiled at myself in the small mirror before standing up from the position where I was kneeling awkwardly on the floor. I started to strip every item of clothing I had on until I was left in just my undergarments. I refrained from looking at myself in my floor length mirror because if I did I knew I would burst into loud sobs and Harry would give me yet another pep talk.

I slipped the dress onto my body and tied the belt around my waist. I stepped into the heels and attempted not to wobble when I turned to face my mirror. Despite years of walking in heels I was still a klutz and heels just made it worse.

As I looked in the mirror I realised something.

I realised that I didn’t need to be skinny, or overly gorgeous. I just needed to be me.

Harry made me feel like I was worth something and that was never something I would forget. I could never say thank you enough for his gestures but I was still so far from letting him into my heart and soul.

I smiled a small smile at myself before heading out of the door and back into the lounge to get Harry.

-Harry-

I was more focused on my coffee than the television which I had turned on in hope to relieve the boredom I was experiencing whilst waiting for Evelynn to get ready.

“Harry, I’m ready.” A soft voice said as I turned round but I didn’t expect what I did see.

I expected her to be wearing simple jeans and t-shirt with minimal makeup and her hair just down, I never expected her to be looking so stunning.

I suddenly felt that I was underdressed to the maximum, I felt like I was the ugly toad and she was the gorgeous gleaming princess.

I tried to utter words out but they just didn’t come and I ended up just nodding.

“Do you think I’m overdressed?” She asked me.

“No, not at all. You look stunning.”

“Thank you Harry. Let’s get going.”

-x-

“Let’s play spin the bottle!” A drunken Niall suggested and a lot of equally drunk people agreed with him.

Since I was the supposed lightweight I had been nominated to stay sober throughout the night so nothing to horrendous happened. There was no reason for the others to get completely smashed though and they all took that opportunity. Even Evelynn was drunk to the point of not remembering anything in the morning.

“Harry, you play as well. Make sure I don’t cheat.” The spoken girl slurred and dragged me into the circle which was made out of beanbags and various sofas.

The game started with Niall spinning round and it ending up pointing at Alice, he spun it again and it landed on Zayn. The pair awkwardly pecked each other on the lips before turning beet red and shuffling back to their places.

The game went on and almost everyone had kissed everyone, apart from Evelynn and I, we must have some luck because the bottle had avoided us both so far.

Niall gave the beer bottle a spin and it pointed to the blonde girl sat opposite me. I knew that this would turn out bad in the end but he spun it again and it landed on…

Me.

Damn it.

Evelynn leant forwards and I had no choice but to lean in as well. She leant her perfect face towards mine and I fluttered my eyes closed.

Would she risk everything and kiss me?

_______________________________________________________

A/N: Quick update! will write a proper authors note tomorrow because i am about to pass out with tiredness! Thank you for all the comments and i love you all but please don't stop at the one chapter!