chapter twenty-three

time juMp

-

It was years later and Ashton and I were still friends, and only friends. We'd accidentally hooked up a few times, and after it had happened, we'd always been awkward and Ashton and I were always so quiet and blushy.

Ashton had a girlfriend who he was in love with and we both knew it hurt me. I had a boyfriend but we weren't serious at the moment, his name was Jake and he was a great guy but we both decided it was an open relationship.

I sat in my flat that I shared with Calum and Michael and God they were the worse at being quiet about sex. I slept next door and sometimes Ashton and I would have sleepovers and we'd cuddle and hide under the covers when the two were going at it.

There was a knock at my apartment door and I groaned, had Calum forgot his keys again? He only left the house five minutes ago.

I got off the sofa and answered the door to see a teary eyed Ashton. "What's wrong?" I asked. Ashton simply sobbed and hugged me.

"She hit me." Ashton sobbed. "I told her about me being born a girl and she called me a freak. She hit me and left, I didn't want to be alone so I came here."

I cuddled him before shutting the front door and taking him in to the apartment. "It's okay." I kissed his forehead before sitting him down.

I sat next to him and pulled the blanket off the sofa and wrapped it around us. "Baby, stop crying. She's gone, I'm here." I wrapped him up in my arms and the blanket and kissed his cheek, down to his neck. "Ssh, baby boy."

Ashton turned in to me and sobbed, hiding in my neck. "I hate her." He cried, "Why are people so mean?"

"Because they don't understand you. Don't understand the pain you went through." I ran my hand through his soft hair. "I get it because I've been there the entire time." I knocked my head against his as he sniffled. "You're always my baby boy."

Ash leant forward and kissed me, "I've missed you." He mumbled, "You get it, you get me."

"I always get you." I smirked, "In both ways."

"Make love to me please." Ashton whispered.

I hooked my hands under Ashton's thighs and took him to my bedroom where after three years we made love again.