xiii. a fatal attraction is common

"Y'all are diabolic." Anni says, wrapping her arms around Larry's neck as he positions himself in between her legs. "She's so fucking mad." She giggles, letting Larry kiss her.

"We not care. Is payback." Larry says, his hands on her hips, his body keeping her from sliding off the hood of the car. "Seeing her make me sick. She so wrong for hurting my brother."

"I think we're done." Ace says, walking out of the warehouse. "You want him in the car with you?"

"Yeah." Larry nods, then turns to Anni. "You ride with Stephon, her, and Donovan in the other car, okay?"

"Why can't I ride with you, baby?"

"Is no room. And, I don't want you round what we gonna have in this one." He says, kissing her cheeks. "I love you."

"I love you too, Larry."

"Are you in love with me, though?" He asks, smirking a bit.

"Yes. I always will be, baby." She says, kissing him.

"That's cute and all, but we ready." Laurent says, crossing his arms. "Come on, let's go."

Anni rolls her eyes, and kisses Larry one more time before Larry moves back, letting her slide off the car.

"He a little mad because of her. He not like seeing her." Larry mutters in her ear, kissing her behind it. "I'm in love with you, okay?"

"I'm in love with you too." She says, giving him a smile before jogging to the car. She moves to the front seat, frowning as she sees Noemi there. "Imma need you to move on round to the back."

"Why?"

"Lord, girl, I could do without this attitude." Anni says, shaking her head. "This car right here, is my boyfriend's. And since it is his, it is mine. And since it is mine, what I say goes. So if I say get yo ass up and sit in the fucking back, I mean it."

Noemi glares at Anni. "You know, they were my niggas first." She says, crossing her arms. "I had them wrapped around my little finger."

"Good for you, now come up out that seat." Anni says, crossing her arms. "Before I drag you out that muthafucka."

"Bitch, you don't-"

"Emi, get in the back." Stephon groans, placing his head on the steering wheel. "And hurry up."

Noemi looks at Stephon, her eyes wide for a second before they narrow. "What the fuck ever." She says, getting out the car. Her and Anni bump shoulders and she moves to the back.

"Told you to leave her ass home." Anni says, putting on her seatbelt.

"Shit, I should've stayed home too." Stephon says, starting up the car.

"You should've." Anni says, crossing her arms. Stephon watches as Laurent starts driving, following behind them and Anni's eyes fall on Noemi through the rearview mirror.

She wasn't too bad looking. She was very basic. Like, she had no depth. She was like every typical white girl stuck in a black girl's body. Her vibes were basic, her looks were basic, everything about her was basic. It took away from the beauty she had, which must've sucked.

"The fuck are you looking at?" Noemi asks, a deep frown on her face. At least she used some type of slang. She probably let her white friends say nigga.

"Yo basic ass, wondering how you ever had my twins wrapped around your crusty claws."

Stephon snorts and laughs, making Noemi cross her arms.

"All it takes for them two to listen is batting your eyelids and a kiss on the cheek. But... I bet their taste is different now. What do you do for them, Annette? What favors do they ask of you?" She sneers.