v. flower bloom in a dark room

"Larry, let me just tell you this one thing, okay?" Niko asks, following him.

"I'm going to pick up Annette from track practice. You should leave." He says, keeping his eyes forward.

"Larry, I'm sure you know that Anni and Lamar share Jayden." Larry doesn't say anything and continues to walk, her quickly following behind, trying to catch up. "Well, she has to go over there and get him, but... she admitted to fucking him several times when she went to get Jayden."

Larry stops, his frame stiffening. "What?"

"For the past two months or so." Niko says, looking down at her hands. "When me and her were still cool, she told me she had sex with Lamar."

"Why you tell me this?"

"I just thought you should know. How long have you two been together?"

"Two months and three days." Larry mutters, closing his eyes. He didn't feel good. "Why should I believe you?"

"Because I just want the best for you, Larry. I want you happy."

"This not make me happy. Hearing this make me wanna..." He stops speaking, looking at the wall.

"Larry, Anni isn't the girl for you." Niko says, looking down at her hands. "I'm sorry." She turns on her heels and walks over, unable to keep the growing smirk off her face as she walks away. It was a lie, but sometimes you have to lie to get what you want. And Niko wanted Larry. So if she had to ruin Anni's name in the process, so be it.

Anni taps her foot, looking around. She was supposed to be waiting for Larry, but he wasn't there. She desperately wanted to go home and change out of her shorts and tank top and hop in the shower. It was too hot to change back into jeans. Hell, it was too hot for her track attire. She closes her eyes and sighs, sitting down on the bench.

"Anni?"

Her eyes open and she looks up, then sighs. "Hey, Stephon." She says, not bothering to hide the disappointment in her voice. She knew Larry wouldn't call her Anni, but who knows? Things might change.

"What are you still doing here?"

"Waiting for Larry." Anni says, leaning forward. "He's supposed to give me a ride h-" Her eyes widen and she gets up, gasping.

"What?"

"Shit!" She says, grabbing her bag and rummaging through it. "Fuck, he has my phone, what time is it?"

"It's four fifty, why?"

"I have to get Jayden today at three." Anni says, getting up. "I wasn't able to call Lamar and tell him I'm going to be late because of practice."

"Call him now."

"My phone is in Larry's car." Anni says, running a hand over her face. "How fucking convenient. I'll see you later Stephon." She grabs her duffle bag, placing the strap on her shoulder and quickly walking off. She had to find Larry. She knew if she wasn't there by five, Lamar wouldn't let her have him. She bites her lip, looking down the halls. "Larry!" She calls out, making him look up. She speeds over to him and wraps her arms around his neck, pressing a kiss to his lips.

He doesn't move, making her slowly pull away. "What's wrong?"

"What you need?" He asks, looking down at her.

"Larry, I don't- Actually, we have to go to Lamar's, quickly."

Larry grinds his teeth together, an uncharacteristic look of anger shrouding his face. "Why?"

"What else is there to see him for? My son."

"Or you wanna fuck him."

"Wanna fuck who?" Anni asks, crossing her arms. "Surely you're not talking about Lamar."