Ginny's stubbornness

Chapter Four

As soon as I walked into the room I was attacked with a giant bear hug from Ginny.

"Geez, Ginny. Nearly scare me to death, why don't you?" I laughed.

"I heard you were coming back to Hogwarts!! Is it true??" Ginny squealed.

Afraid to know what she was going to say next I answered "Yes."

"Even though I hate the dirty git... Are you excited to see Malfoy again." she forced through her clenched teeth.

Even though Ginny was a year younger she was one of my best friends including Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and my brother.

I would write to Harry, Ron, and Hermione almost every week, but I would write to Ginny almost ever day.

"His name is Draco Malfoy, not Malfoy. And yes I'm very excited to see him again."

Ginny gave me a look of disgust.

"I don't even know if he still likes me, and anyway Harry "forbids" me to see him anymore." I whispered.

Ginny seemed lost for words then finally said, "Really?"

"Yeah.. But between you and me I've been writing to Draco ever since I left Hogwarts." I whispered all in one breath.

"No. Way." she said breathless.

"Yes way!" I replied.

"No way!"

"Yes way!"

"No way!"

"Yes... Can we end this now its kinda annoying." suddenly we both crack up laughing so hard we cried.

"Wow.. I forgot what we were talking about... Oh yeah that's right. We were talking about you, secretly writing to Draco all these years." Ginny said with a shocked expression on her face.

"Darn, I thought changing the subject would make you forget about that." I whispered.

"What was that Alice?" Ginny asked.

"Oh.. Nothing."

After a bit of silence Ginny broke out of the silence and said,

"Well.... Does he still like you?"

"I don't know Ginny. You don't ask those types of things in a letter. And trust me I'm just as eager as you seem to be about that question." I sighed.

"Oh Ali. It's ok don't cry." Ginny cooed.

It wasn't until then I realized that I was crying.

"Speak of the devil." I said as I saw a beautiful owl headed towards me and dropped a letter in my lap.