Birthday Wishes

Chapter Twenty-six

Once we got back to Hogwarts a week later everything seemed calm... Except for the fact that I forgot to take off the engagement ring.

As Dumbledore said before 'It is a secret, so naturally everyone knows.

During January Draco an I helped out in the D.A. We didn't go to any of the other classes because the class is about defending yourself against Death Eaters... So what would be the point of learning to defend ourselves against ourselves?

February was lovely. Draco took me to Hogsmeade. The weather was perfect. We also took a visit to Voldemort and Draco's parents to tell them about our engagement.

The girls at Hogwarts were utterly depressed that I took Draco from them... Especially Pansy.

Later in the year Fred and George dropped out of Hogwarts. They left with a literal bang! Fireworks and everything!

Harry also told us that he and the D.A. Went to the Ministry because he thought Voldemort had held him hostage.

Apparently, the whole thing was a fluke.. Voldemort was just messing with him. But in the end Harry and I's godfather ended up dying anyway. Harry took it just as well as Pansy did when she found out Draco and I were engaged.

And speaking of the engagement Harry was pissed for a while, but he got over it after a while.

Oh... Yeah... An Voldemort tried to possess Harry. Great right? Voldemort didn't even tell us to fight during that.

Summer would hopefully get better. I sent an owl to the Weasleys asking if Draco could come with me when we visit Harry during the summer. And dad already said he could stay.

"Alice, I wrote to my mother and she said you can come over during the summer if you'd like." Draco said from behind me.

"Oh, that would be great. I already asked my dad and the Weasleys." I smiled.

"I'm going to the Weasleys?" he groaned.

"Yep! You sure are. Or most likely." I smile sweetly, patting the spot next to me on the sofa.

"What do you want for your birthday." he said switching subjects while he sat down next to me.

"I don't know.." I said a little confused at his sudden question.

"Come on there's got to be something you really want!" he complained.

"You." I smiled jokingly.

"You already have me, choose something else." Draco said chuckling.

"I've always wanted a...." I said blurring out my words.

"Wanted a what, Alice?" Draco questioned.

"I've always wanted a muggle stuffed unicorn." I whispered.

"Muggles know about unicorns?" he asked trying to hold back a laugh and changing the subject.

"Go ahead and laugh. Most normal muggles think they don't exist." I said a little upset that he's gonna laugh at me.

"I won't laugh. I understand. I've always wanted a muggle bunny." Draco said with smile tugging at his lips.

It was my turn to hold back a giggle.

"Hey, I didn't laugh at you!" he snapped.

"I'm sorry," I said stopping my laughter. "Muggle bunnies are just so cute and fluffy, and you're so..." he gave me a hard look. "And you are the exactly the same." I said with a laugh.