Chapter 17

Joey's POV

As the day went by, Daniel and I just walked around LA. I met a few fans on it journey, and they all wanted pictures with Daniel too. It's crazy how someone simply being in my videos causes this. I know that all the fans have figured out we're dating, but we haven't come out yet, and I don't plan on doing that anytime soon.

We were on our way back to my house when my phone started ringing. I took it out of my pocket, frowning at the screen. I didn't recognize the number, but I answered it anyways.

"Hello?" I say into the phone, voice laced with confusion. Daniel is watching me and I shrug at him.

"Hello. Is this Mister Joseph Graceffa?" a man with a deep monotone voice asks.

"That's me." I answer.

I hear him sigh before continuing on. "My name is Dr. Johnson. I regret to inform you that your mother has been in a terrible accident. She's hospitalized right now."

I feel tears building in my eyes. "What? W-what happened?" I stutter, Daniel placing his hand on my shoulder, looking at me with concerned eyes.

"She was found in ditch on the freeway. Her car was rolled. They're not sure what exactly caused the roll, but there were traces of alcohol in her system." He states.

Before I can stop myself, I'm sobbing. Right in the middle of a public place. I'm angry. How could she do this? I thought she was getting better. I take a deep breath before talking again.

"How bad are the conditions?" I ask, wiping the tears from my cheeks.

"Well, when we found her she was unconscious. She still remains unconscious, and we believe she's entering a coma." He says before sighing again. "I'm very sorry, sir."

I shake my head and try and stop the tears from rolling down my face. "Where is she?" I ask.

"She's in St. Paul's hospital in Boston. I'll inform a nurse that you're in your way." He says, and I thank him before hanging up.

"What's going on?" He asks frantically, eyes wide.

"My mom...she's in a coma." is all it takes for him to grab my arm and start running.

(a/n: danielllllll, to the rescueeeee! I might not update for a few days because I might possibly be gone all weekend visiting a friend. I thought I'd add in some sadness to the story, just for fun. xx)