BLOG THIRTEEN: THE RICH KID

They treat money like dirt.

They do whatever with it.

They throw it around at everything.

They buy themselves out of trouble. If even a teacher looks at them the wrong way, they'll tell mommy and daddy. And mommy and daddy won't tolerate that. Their child needs to be perfect. But their child isn't perfect. Their child is rotten and spoiled and stupid. They don't know how to rely on themselves because they are always relying on money to get them out of things.

They never buy on sale. Everything needs to be maxed price for them. If it's $400 shoes, it's not a problem. "My family has money." If a shirt is $120, it's not a problem. "My family has money." If jeans are $200, it's not a problem. "My family has money. Most times the cost is even high, but you get my point. To them, buying bargain priced clothes is a sin. Going to Kohls is like visiting Hell. And using a discount is a disgrace. Everything needs to be topped notch. Everything needs to be better than everyone else's.

They walk over everyone. They think that just because they have money they can do whatever they please. They don't know when to filter themselves. They don't know when to stop. They talk about money around everyone. It's all they talk about. It's all they care about. You want to go out with them sometime? You can't. They are probably too busy counting their money. But here's the thing. It isn't their money. It's their parent's money. Their parents are rich, not them. And when their parents decide to stop giving their children what they want, they are going to be lost. They aren't going to know what to do. They aren't going to have any comfort money. They will no longer have money to buy themselves out of things. Without money they will get a speeding ticket. Without money they will go to jail for underage drinking. Without money they will fail that class. Without money they will get those monthly detentions. Without money they will be expelled. Without money they will have to get a job. They will have to do actual work. They will have to learn how to provide for themselves. They will have to actually try on a test. They will have to do homework. They will have to participate. They have to do something for themselves.

When they don't have money they can no longer rely on mommy and daddy. That's why their world revolves around their money. It's the only thing they know. You don't like them because they are stuck up. With lots of money, comes a big ego. With a big ego, comes a lot of people that hate them. They think that just because they have money everyone loves them. They figure that everyone loves money, so everyone should love them as well.

Well, they're wrong. Usually, they are. Most times everyone hates them and if they don't they eventually will. No one likes a person who waves money around. No one likes a person who treats money like it is nothing. Someone could really put $100, even $50 to good use. It could buy them food, clothes, even a night at a hotel for a place to stay. Instead the rich kid waves it around like it's nothing. They practically eat it. Money is part of their diet. And when they don't have it, they don't function right. In fact, they don't function at all. They don't know how to act. They don't know what to do about anything.

"Oh you are really mean by saying that." Here's the thing, I don't care. Don't call me cold-hearted. Don't call me mean. I mean, I don't care if you do or not since I have no control over what you do. But seriously, you know I'm right. I'm telling it how it is. Don't call me shallow. I'm not shallow. I just say what I see. There's not a law against that.

They think they have everything in the world when they have money. They think everything is theirs. They think that because they have money, they can boss everyone around. Well they can't. I've heard stories from kids at other schools that they pay people to not talk to others. They pay people to do something for them. They pay people to do homework, to give answers on a test, to do things for them. It's wrong. But in their eyes, it's how the world works. They think that they are doing nothing wrong. They are used to paying for the things they want. They are used to paying others to get what they don't want to do, but what "needs to be done" for them.

Money is what makes them happy, not friends. Money is how they escape punishment. Money is how they avoid consequence. Money is how they don't get kicked out of school. For everyone else, money is just a tool used in life. Money buys food, clothes, it provides a house, the basic needs. Money is a luxury for us, not a need.

Money is their life. Money is what keeps them alive. Money is what makes them happy. But when there money is gone, when it runs dry, when their parents have nothing, they are going to have nothing as well. And when they no longer have money, it's going to be as if the world crashed down on them, once and for all.