CHAPTER THIRTEEN: CHEATERS AND LIARS

Gwen got home around 4:30. She parked her car at the curb per usual and rushed inside. she didn't even bother to bring her backpack with her. She had all her homework done for once anyways. When she got inside she headed for the stairs, but a quick glance at the living room stopped her. Gathered on the couches was Farrell, her parents, and even Scrump showed up for the occasion. He was saying in Farrell's lap. It was about time he showed his own cat some attention. She set her car keys in the bowl by the front door where every other key in the house went.

"What's going on?" Gwen asks, hanging back at the doorway. No one answered her at first. She became suspicious. "Did someone die?"

"No one died honey, just take a seat. We want to discuss some things," Her mom summarizes.

"As a family," her dad finishes.

"Honey, Farrell told us that he's been noticing you aren't getting much sleep. Is everything alright?" Mom asks.

"I'm fine," Gwen answers. Both her parents and her brother look at her. "I mean there's been a lot of homework and I guess I just stress too much about it. But that's how I've always been," she continues.

"Is there anything else going on? You know you can tell us," her dad encourages. She sat and thought. She has thought about her blog many times in the past few days. She spent most of her nights worrying about someone finding out who she was. She didn't want to tell her parents such a thing. She didn't want to exposer her identity. It's only been two days, not even. She didn't want to give up now. She decided to speak about something else. Something that wouldn't get her in trouble.

"My chemistry partner is somewhat causing problems," Gwen admits.

"Who's your chemistry partner?" Farrell asks.

"RJ, RJ Simpsons. I drove him to a friends after school. That's where I was," she reveals to her parents.

"Todd, do you think that's Eva and Jeff's son?" Mom whispers.

"Could be," he mutters.

"Why'd you take him to his friends house? Couldn't he have gone there himself?" Farrell questions.

"He was walking and it was windy and he looked cold and miserable," she states.

"You only offered the ride because you knew him right?" Dad asks, furrowing her brows at her. She decided not to bring up last weekend.

"Of course dad. I would never offer a ride to a stranger, no matter the circumstances," she answers.

"Alright good," he dismisses.

"We also understand that you have been stressed because of well, us," Mom tells her. Gwen decided to really listen now for if her parents were to talk about what was wrong, Gwen wanted to make sure she understood it one hundred and ten percent.

"What's going on between you and dad?" She asks, her voice coming out no louder than a whisper.

"We've been smoothing over a few things these past couple of weeks," Dad begins.

"Like what?" She asks, leaning back in her chair, bringing her legs into her chest.

"Gwen sweetheart, understand that your father and I still love one another. But recently we've stumbled across a problem." She takes a deep breath.

"What type of problem?" Gwen asks impatiently.

"There seems to be problems with faith and loyalty to one another," Mom summarizes. She didn't want to call anyone out, but she made it clear. Her dad cheated on her mother.