Ken VS. Magellan

Ken VS. Magellan

                "Which one of you wants to feel this blade?" Magellan asked with his broadsword raised, staring at Emery and Ken.

                "You'll be my opponent," Ken said, as he reached toward his wooden sword.

                "I don't know what my comrades said about how they were going to dispose of you losers. But Orion and I have this thing. We made a bet on how many of you we'd each kill or maim today," Magellan said.

                "That's all fine and well," Ken said passive aggressively.

                Ken held out his wooden sword and unsheathed a metal blade by sliding the top portion of wood off.

                "You'll be an interesting number one. You over there can be number two," Magellan said looking at Emery.

                "Don't be so cocky!" Emery shouted.

                "No, my name is Magellan," the guy said trying to be funny.

                I won't even have to prime, I want to test his swordsmanship, Magellan thought about Ken.

                Magellan’s sword blade was 40 inches long and like its name, the blade was broad. Magellan himself looked New European. He was ready to test New European sword art against Ken's New Japanese swordsmanship.

                Ken's sword blade was 30 inches long and was a traditional samurai sword. Emery had never seen Ken use an actual sword before. Ken himself was shaking as he raised his blade.

                Magellan and Ken got into a fighting stance and stared each other down for a good minute. They then burst toward each other and clashed swords. Each person tried to overwhelm the other by advancing forcefully but they were evenly matched in terms of strength. Ken jumped back and slashed at the same time that Magellan swung, ending in another stalemate. They clashed like this a couple of times before they both jumped back.

                "I can tell you're different from the rest of your group, especially using one handed technique against my two, quite impressive. You're stronger and I can sense you've been in a fight or two in your day," Magellan said patronizing Ken.

                "When I fought my hundredth battle, I stopped counting," Ken said boastfully.

                "Interesting, were they real fights or just sparring matches at the dojo?" Magellan asked with a smile on his face.

                "People challenged me because I am the son of the most feared swordsman in the northern region. They didn't care what my strength was, only that they could get revenge on my father," Ken said.

                I didn't know that, Emery thought.

                "Ah the son of an evil swordsman," Magellan said sarcastically.

                "He only fought to better his knowledge of the past. He never fought to prove his strength, but there were those who were jealous and he would never back down from a challenge. He never killed either, always using a wooden sword. That's why people wanted to fight him, out of pride," Ken said.

                "You must have been scared fighting your father's battles," Magellan said, feigning a doting voice.

                "I'm through with talking, let your sword do the talking," Ken said stoically.