"That is where you are wrong." He left a small pause before continuing, "The world cannot coexist peacefully. Two sides oppose each other because they think they have... Superior beliefs. The only way to solve that is by asserting one over the other, where the more successful belief wins out. That's just a matter of fact."

"I disagree."

"But it's true! Whether it Pokemon, human or even plant, they are always fighting each other to live. They rarely help one another if there isn't some kind of benefit-"

"There are millions of examples where that's not true!"

"Oh? Like what? A man helping a crippled Pokemon so that it may walk again? The man gains a pet, an innate form of pleasure for humans that would make it so that otherwise the man would simply turn its head. The Pokemon gets to live, a means to repeat this infinite process of meaningless and detrimental self-pleasing in the world. Good is just a narcissistic sense of superiority that all the 'good' creatures can't live without. The true form of good is when you help something else without needing that pleasure and when you act without regard to yourself, something I have never seen exhibited in any kind of life.

"And I suppose that isn't enough to show you that everything is based off of feeding your own pleasure. I mean, you think you're truly good, right? Then why wouldn't you do something like, say, spend your entire life doing charity and helping all the rejected Pokemon in the world?"

The Marquis hit Eros across the head, to which Eros spat at his feet. "You're insane."

"Insane for expecting everybody to be good and charitable, giving their lives and souls to others? I suppose, then, you would even dare to sin for the betterment of mankind? Such would be the epitome of good deeds, no?"

"Sinning is evil... I think... I'm not sure there's an actual parallel to the real world Bible in the Pokemon world. But hey, it's still a pretty profitable franchise without all the real world-"

"And you can't be as good as would qualify good?"

Eros replied unsurely, "I'm not perfect?"

The Marquis sighed once more. "This is pointless. Don't you see that life is intrinsically evil?"

"But you can't just kill everything!"

"I can. Why shouldn't I? Everything is evil, after all."

Eros narrowed his eyes. "You lost me at the part with the Butterfrees."

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, sorry, I was just reading something on my x-receiver. Do you have one? Add me on Fa-" The Marquis slapped the device from Eros' hands and smashed it on the floor. "Hey, that cost a somewhat negligible amount!"

The Marquis was already headed for the door. "Why do I try and reason with you...? You're nothing more than a fool... I'll send you down a Playboy before you die."

Eros looked for a second and asked, "Why are you like this?"

"Like this?" The Marquis turned his head halfway.

"Why are you so angry at the world?"

"... Maybe you do see. Nobody ever had the mind to ask me that, you know. That's hardly accountable, though." The Marquis started a slow pace towards Eros. "The world has wronged me, Eros, and that's because it's evil. It must be."

"... How did it wrong you?"

"... ... ... Some are born of half-magical blood. It makes a body far incapable of handling the power it contains, and... What do you care?" The Marquis was inexplicably furious.