08 | Psychotic Teenagers

Start from the beginning

"Her mom's on it." Scott sighed.

"Everyone's on it." Liam acknowledged, as my breathing grew heavier.

"You're not." Scott bickered.

"Not yet. There's still another third, right?" Liam argued.

I saw them both tune into Agent McCall's conversation with Violet, so I grabbed Scott's arm forcefully.

"Liz? What's wrong." his face grew concerned,

I began panting and wheezing, "I can't breathe. I- I can't.." I paced in the hallway.

"Uh- It's okay, it's probably just a panic attack. Calm down, slow your heart rate-" Scott started,

"Don't you think I've tried that?" I muttered.

"Elizabeth, you need to focus on something. One thing, and try to forget about everything else for a minute." Liam suggested, walking towards me.

"Don't call me that! I hate my full name." I hissed, sliding down against the wall, sitting with my knees against my chest.

"Sorry- Just focus on one thing." he knelt in front of me,

I stared into his eyes. His amazingly hypnotic eyes.

I darted back and forth between his left eye, and his right eye. Then I started inspecting the rest of his face. I tried to find something wrong with him, so that there was no way I could like him. But I couldn't.

Liam Dunbar was perfect.

I laughed and looked up to Scott. I could breathe normally again.

"Thanks."

"Don't thank me." he nodded down at Liam.

"Thank you, Liam." I lightly smiled, earning another smile in return.

"Coach, I'm gunna need both their locker numbers. And someone find me a set of bolt cutters." Mr. Stilinski shouted, while Rafael finished hauling Violet away.

I figured taking an afternoon run would allow me to clear my head.

Maybe if I can run like a normal teenager, I can live like one.

If I'm worth a lot of money, how much would that be, exactly? Violet said I was worth more than Brett, so first I need to find out how much he was worth.

"Ah," I groan as I collide with someone. "I'm sorry, I-"

I opened my eyes to see Liam on top of me. "Liz, I'm so sorry, are you okay? I didn't see you I was-" Liam started, as he began to get up.

"Don't worry, I'm fine." I laughed, trying to get up, only to fall back to the ground. "Ow, nevermind. Nope. Not fine."

"What happened?" he badgered, extending a hand for me.

"You must've landed on my ankle. It's either broken, or sprained." I winced, reaching for my right ankle.

Just as I was about to accept his hand, a truck comes speeding towards us.

The same truck I saw in my "future-telling nightmare".

It was Garrett.

"Liam run!" I yelled, but he didn't hear me in time, and Garrett plowed his truck right into Liam.

Liam flew across the dirt, holding his side when he tried to move.

"Hey, Liam." Garrett spoke up, revealing his blade that he used on Brett.