A Good Day for Green (pt. 1)

OLDRIVAL ONESHOT. Dedicated to @drunkonvodka

Green was having a good day. No challenges, no explosions, and best of all, no-

"Greenie!"

Green took it back. He was about to have a horrible day.

His favorite cafe had just been invaded by one of his least favorite people. Blue.

The girl was wearing a green wool jacket with her black skirt, looking like the winter version of her regular outfit ... why the heck was he noticing all this? Why should he care what that annoying woman looked like?

"Blue looks super cute today!" said the woman herself in a very bad impression of Green. "That's what you're thinking, right?"

Yup. The day just got worse.

"What do you want?" Green asked.

"What? I just wanted to see my very best friend in the world." Blue gave him her puppy-eyed look.

"That's what you say to Red before you steal from him."

Was I just friend-zoned? Where had that pathetic thought come from? Yes, Green admitted he was ... friends ... with Blue, but that kind of relationship bothered him somehow.

Probably because she was a thief.

And now Blue was ordering a cappuccino. Green patted his pockets. Good, his wallet was still there.

"So," Blue said. "Y'know what today is?" The Exchanger rested her head in her hands.

"November twenty-second? My birthday?"

"Exactly! What are you doing spending it in some cheap cafe full of weirdos?"

All the customers shut up immediately. The familiar chatter had disappeared, and now the place was filled with glares and killing intent.

A cappuccino was practically thrown at Blue. The waiter gave her a nasty look before walking away.

"Wow." Blue spoke in a louder voice. "I meant no offense!"

Green sighed. He didn't think he would be able to come back here.

Blue poked him. "Hey, Green."

"Yes?"

"Want to get out of here?"

Green glanced at the murderous-looking customers and staff. "Sure," he said, ignoring the fact that what Blue said sounded like a pick-up line.

Blue flashed a suspicious smile before leading Green outside.

To be continued ...