Friendship and Beyond

Green was annoyed.

That wasn't unusual. Not since he met Blue, anyway. But over the years, strange things happened to him.

Him caring about her, for one.

Trying to protect her. Wanting to be with her. Helping her. Everything she did seemed to stand out from the rest of the world.

Of course, so did whatever Red did.

And of course Green cared for Red too, but Red was less annoying. Much less. He could tolerate Red. He'd known Red longer, after all.

Green found himself wishing for something strange. Over the years, the three of them had become close. Him, Red, and Blue were the first Dex Holders, the Seniors. They had to set a good example. If he took a step forward in his relationships, others would follow. He knew how Sapphire felt about Ruby, how Silver felt about that one person.

He had everything he could ask for. Family, good friends, a nice job.

Was it selfish that he wanted more from life?

Yellow, of all people, pointed it out once. The way he looked at a certain person. How his gaze seemed to linger. She told him to try and confess.

Green would never do that. Then that friendship he had would disappear. It was wiser to hide it, rather than risk the destruction of that precious bond.

He could handle being silent forever.

----

What just came out of my brain? Sorry. I just couldn't think of a good oneshot.

I guess it could be Original or Oldrival, depending on how you look at it.

Anyway, thanks for all the reads! 10K. Wow, you people are awesome.