Operation: Set Up (pt. 2)

"You! You're Green Oak, right?" A girl Green had never seen before was walking towards him. She was yelling his name pretty loud. In less than a minute, everyone in the area knew he was there.

"Green Oak? The super hot Viridian City Gym Leader?!"

"OMA! I have to post this on my account! Hashtag, Green Oak!"

"I want his autograph!"

"I want a rematch!"

Aside from the last one, these people sounded crazy. Green took his Charizard out.

"Look, he's getting away!" Cell phone cameras started flashing.

Green climbed onto Charizard. "Fly!" Charizard flapped its wings and lifted into the air.

Green looked down. He'd have to retreat. The pesky woman would see him from miles away.

#

Ruby walked onto the bridge, dreading what he was going to have to say. Most of the time he just tried to be friends with Sapphire, if they weren't arguing.

"Ruby!" Sapphire said in a very peppy voice. Her face was practically radiant.

"H-Hey, Saph." Ruby picked some imaginary lint off his sleeve. Wait. That lint wasn't imaginary.

"So what are we doing?" Sapphire's smile extended from ear to ear.

"Um, y'know that text I sent you?" You can do this, Ruby. Just tell her that it was one of Emerald and Gold's pranks.

"Yes?" Sapphire looked at him hopefully.

"I actually meant to text battle, but it got changed to date," Ruby said awkwardly. "Stupid spellcheck, huh?"

Right. He lied. Force of habit.

"Oh." Sapphire's smile shrunk. Then she turned suspicious. "Why didn't you text me back?"

"Pokegear died." And he lied again.

"Toro!" Sapphire let her Blaziken out. "Let's go."

Sapphire's eyes looked like her dreams had been crushed. Which they probably had been. But she was still smiling.

"Feefee! Show the world your dazzling beauty and shine!" Ruby released his Milotic in a flash of light. The Pokemon gave him a look that said it knew he had lied.

Oh well. It was for the best.

Is it really? said a little voice inside of him.

Ruby shook it off. "Feefee, Ice Beam!"

#

(Uh ... slight PRECIOUSMETAL. You can skip to the next line break if you don't like it.)

"Silver!" Gold yelled from his car. "Get in!"

Silver pretended not to hear him. Blue wanted him in place for The Plan. Actually, he had no idea what was going on, but he trusted his (non-biological) sister.

There was the sound of brakes. That caused Silver to look on the street, worried that Gold had done something stupid.

Gold had.

The boy who was obviously dropped on his head when he was a baby had stopped in the middle of the street. Cars were honking, and drivers were yelling swear words.

"I'm not moving until you get in!" Gold yelled.

Silver sighed and walked onto the street. He'd apologize to Blue later. If he didn't do something, Gold would get arrested and blame him. Then Crystal would show up and hit both of them.

Opening the door, he took a seat quickly. "Drive."

Gold beamed. And then world turned into a hazy blur of color.

It took Silver fifteen seconds to speak up. "Where are we going?"

"To pick up Soul and Yellow!" Gold looked at Silver. "We're going to eat fried Tentacool in Vermillion City!"

"Eyes on the road!" Silver raised his voice.

Gold spun the steering wheel and barely missed an old lady with a baby carriage.

"Are you trying to get arrested for vehicular manslaughter?!" Silver yelled, a vein bulging in his forehead. Arceus, he was starting to sound like Crystal. The girl's personality was rubbing off on everyone.

This time Gold didn't look at him, thankfully. "I don't even know what means! But don't worry, I just need to find Soul and-"

"Yellow's in Viridian City, and Soul's in Kalos for vacation. How stupid are you?"

"Oh." Gold's smile still didn't leave his face. "Then it'll be just you, me, and some yummy fried tentacles."

"We're heading toward Mt. Moon," Silver deadpanned.

Gold immediately turned around.

#

Crystal looked at Emerald lying on the sidewalk. The poor boy looked younger than ever.

"Do you need help?" she asked.

"N-No," Emerald said, his face a light pink. Aw, he was embarrassed.

The boy got up. He scratched his cheek awkwardly. Emerald was all scraped up because of his fall.

Crystal took a handkerchief out of her pocket and started wiping his face. Emerald turned red.

"Do you have a fever?" Crystal put a hand on Emerald's forehead. The boy pushed her away.

"N-No, I'm f-fine," Emerald stuttered. Crystal didn't say anything.

Crap, I'm embarrassing him! Crystal shivered. Did she just think the word crap? She was becoming Gold!

A loud honking filled the silence that had fallen between them.

"Oi!" It was Gold. And unfortunately, he was in a car.

Silver sitting in shotgun. He had on a really good poker face, considering the situation.

Normally Crystal would get angry, but she had gotten good at reading Silver's expressions. This one said, Don't you dare leave me in a car with GOLD as driver.

"Wanna come with us for some fried tentacles? We're missing two people," Gold said. Crystal didn't even bother to comment on his food choices.

But even fried tentacles sounded better than meeting Blue. That girl was scary when it came to her shippings.

"Sure. Emerald, do you want to join us?" Crystal asked.

"Yeah." The two of them sat in the back seat.

Crystal buckled up. She'd need it.

#

Blue slowly let Ditto slip off her face. Drawing all that attention to Green had required a mask.

But Green really didn't notice, did he? That was okay. Her hidden cameras had gotten great footage all over town. Except the one Emerald shot with his gun. The lens was all dirty.

Blue had set the whole thing up. Green and the boys coming to Cerulean, the girls coming, the cameras. She'd never been after Daisy and Bill. She planned to go after them later.

Blue giggled quietly to herself. She had enough to make a documentary. Cerulean City of Love would make a good title, she thought, grinning.

Screaming came from the speaker and camera she'd hidden in Gold's car.

Maybe a horror film would be more appropriate. She could give it to her new juniors as a gift. Reasons NOT to Get in a Car with Senior Gold.

Blue groaned. That title was too long. Maybe she should get more footage of Gold doing reckless things and call it The Dangers of Gold ...