"I'm sorry about your brother." I told Spencer, handing him a plate of cookies that Carol made.

"Come on in." He replied.

"How are you guys doing?" I asked, walking into the living room and finding Deanna sitting on her couch with her husband.

"We're alive." She replied.

-

"I want to thank you for everything you've done for my family." Spencer stated, walking up on my porch.

"It's no problem." I replied.

"I love how you put others before yourself, even in a world like this." He replied.

I shrugged my shoulders, turning to face him.

"I know what it's like to lose someone, believe me. It'll get a bit easier, but the pain will always be there." I replied.

He embraced me in a hug before pulling away.

"Everything will be okay." I replied, reaching up and pecking his cheek.

-

"Why won't you talk to me?" I asked Rick, blocking the door so he wouldn't leave.

"Haven't had the time." He replied.

"Bullshit." I replied.

"Listen, I'm sorry that I gave off the impression that I like you." He replied.

"You kissed me." I stated.

"I was caught up in the moment." He replied.

"Forget everything I said the other day." I replied, moving away from the door.

"Sam," Rick called out as I opened the door.

"What?" I asked, turning around.

"Don't be mad." He replied.

"I'm not." I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

-

"You touch them again and I'll kill you." Rick told Pete.

"Damn it, Rick! I said stop." Deanna yelled.

"Or what? You gonna kick me out?" Rick asked.

"Put that gun down, Rick." Deanna ordered.

"You still don't get it. None of you do! We know what needs to be done and we do it." Rick fired back.

"You, you just sit and plan and hesitate.
You pretend like you know when you don't." He continued.

"You wish things weren't what they are.
Well, you want to live? You want this place to stay standing? Your way of doing things is done." He explained.

I looked to Michonne who looked back to me.

"Things don't get better because you-- you want them to. Starting right now, we have to live in the real world. We have to control who lives here." Rick continued.