Epilogue

"That's it! That's the reason we now live in a cabin in the woods," Bushwind yawned, before curling up back in his nest. Frowning, Happy and Hope were displeased.

"What happened to Blackice? Where's Hawk! Did they hunt him down and skin him?" Happy asked before gasping at the thoughts.

"Darkness didn't seem that scary. Not scary enough to leave the Clans..."

"Hope!"

"Hope, Bushwind and I decided that the conflict, death and disease was not worth the pain. However, we still participate in gatherings, as you know. And we let your sister join MountainClan," Blitzfire explained.

"I'm not complaining. I wish we could see Fairshade and Twistedfoot more.."

"Thatswhytheresathird.."

"Sugar!" Bushwind snapped.

"Sorry I gotta go," Sugar giggled before running off inside. Bushwind turned back to the young cats.

"You'll understand when you're older."

"What about Blackice? Did she ever find Vulturestar?"

"Hush. We better go inside," Blitzfire insisted, ushering the two inside.

The light shined across the moor, in the early dawn. The fresh snow slowly trickled down from the sky, as the morning patrols just stepped outside.

"Please, may I go on patrol?" Vulturepaw begged her father, who was just beginning to organize the patrols.

"Only if your mentor allows it."

"But dad.."

"Yes?"

"When will Sleetstar be back?"

"Probably by noon."

Many hills and stones away, Sleetstar was prowling a rabbit for sometime. Lowering into her hunter's crouch, she sank low to the ground to refrain from catching the attention of the cream furred prey. It's ears flicked up in a flurry and the rabbit held its weary glance.

When the rabbit's scent flowed to her, she enjoyed the scent until the wind slowed. Suddenly, it turned directions and now, her scent wafted toward the rabbit. Wasting no time, Sleetstar pounced racing after the rabbit. But it was too fast, the rabbit slid under her grasp and raced away.

"You always had a way with rabbits..." Sleetstar whipped around, but she saw no cat in distance and no being. Scoffing, Sleetstar stood and glanced around. In her quite frantic effort, she found nothing although the voice was clear and familiar.

Trotting off toward home, she felt a strange reoccurrence. As if she was being watched.

"Sleetpool.."

Turning around once more, she met face to faced with a scarred tom. His broad structure and face had not been seen on the land of the lake for many moons. Her breath was taken away, and she felt her eyes burn with tears.

"I knew you would return," she said before touching noses with the tom. He inhaled, thankful that she was finally in the tangible presence. It had been too long.

"Only for you."

The End