forty.

He ran at me with tears in his eyes. Engulfing me in a hug and tears of joy fell from my eyes.         

"Look at how grown you are." He smiled.

Next was Rick to walk out but it wasn't the same Rick. This one was hollow. He had no life in his eyes.

"Dad?" Carl called out.

He went to go hug him but Rick backed away. Rick quickly collapsed to the ground sobbing.

I walked over and kneeled to his level and put an arm around him, "I know how you feel."

//

We spent a few hours catching up with everyone. It was crazy seeing the family again. Tears were shed when it was time to leave but we promised to return. We said our goodbyes and drove away.

Carl squeezed my hand tight, "thank you."

//

"Can we please visit them?!" The girls pleaded.

"Girls I told you,we need more gas before we go visit them. We will soon. Now go to bed." Carl pointed towards their room.

"Awwww okay." They sighed.

I giggled and kissed their foreheads, "I love you girls, goodnight."

Carl pulled me towards the bedroom and you fell on the bed. I laid on his chest as he rubbed my head and played with my hair. My eyes slowly closing and I slowly drifted into the darkness....

//      

I awoke to a blood curdling scream.

I jumped out of the bed and ran towards the girls room.

Empty beds.