seven.

I stepped back and gave them a moment. I couldn't help but cry.

"how can he replace me!?" I kept screaming in my head. There wasn't a day that went by that I wasn't thinking about him.

I showed everyone the cabin and they all settled in. Every once in a while I'd catch carl staring at me. "Time for dinner!" Rick yelled.

"Fish and beans." Daryl laughed.

Everyone sat down at the table and Judith crawled up on my lap.

Rick looked over and laughed with a smile. "Thank you for everything you did. I'm glad she was with you and not us." He said looking down. "All you have done for us. I can't even express how grateful I am."

"It's no problem." I said with a half smile.

I looked up from my plate and Carl's eyes caught mine for a brief moment before he glanced down again. Everyone cleaned up their plates and laid down.

"Do we need a watch?" daryl asked.

"No this place is completely secure." I whispered.

I laid Judith down in her crib and laid on my bed. I tossed and turned most of the night so I decided to just go sit outside and clear my head. I walked out and sat on the bench, just looking at the stars. Thinking of the night carl and I first kissed. Everything was so perfect then. I heard the door open and out walked carl. "Hey.." He whispered.

I just looked up at him and didn't say a word.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

"I guess." I muttered.

"Listen, I didn't know you were alive." Carl looked at me with guilt in his eyes.

"I didn't know you were alive either. But I still didn't forget about what we had!" I had somewhat of a sharp tone in my voice.

"Listen! What was I supposed to do!" He was angry.

"Look for me!" I was livid with him.

"We did for a few months. We lost hope and moved on, like we always do!" He stood closer.

/slap/

"what the fuck y/n!" He screamed.

"How dare you just give up! I never lost hope! I always believed one day I'd find you!" My eyes filled with tears. "But you can just move on and pretend like everything's okay! When it's not! Fuck you Carl!" I went to go walk away but he grabbed my arm. "Get off me!" I tried shoving him off.

He pulled me towards him into a hug. "Let me go!" I yelled. "I hate you!" He wrapped his arms around me tight and i broke down crying on his chest.

"Listen y/n I didn't just forget about you.... I still love you." He stroked my back and held me close.

"Please don't let go." I whispered in his ear.