seventeen.

| carl pov |

I look to see daryl chasing me down, "come on man! I don't want any trouble!" I yelled.

"I ain't tryin to fight you. I want to go with you. We need to get stuff fer the baby." He caught up and we walked silent for the majority of the time.

We came across a daycare and decided to raid it for some stuff. I grabbed a crib and filled it with essentials. Toys, formula, clothes, I even grabbed some books for Judith. Anything that would make my baby's life easier.

I pushed the crib down the street as we walked,"are you ready for this?" Daryl broke the silence.

"I will be." He stayed silent.

"If she even makes it through this."

Daryl gave me a look. "She will. She's a fighter."

We kept silent the rest of the way.

I really don't think she will make it. And I'm not ready for that.

At all.

//
We came up to the house. Daryl went inside and I went back to the shed to visit with her. I opened the door to see Maggie cleaning up her wound.

"Mind if I have a second alone?" She nodded and stepped out.

I grabbed a chair and put it next to her cot. I grabbed her hand and held it tight.

"I'm sorry y/n.. I wish this was me. You deserve to live. You didn't deserve this. I need you." I collapsed my head and tears fell slowly.

I placed my other hand on her belly and rubbed, "you didn't deserve this either."

I hope that they both pull through.

I don't want to have to lose y/n....

I don't want to have to lose my child as well.

I looked up towards her beautiful face.
I squeezed her hand, " I love..both of you.. So much."

I stroked her hair and suddenly felt a tight squeeze. "Y/n?"

I felt a light squeeze again. I look to her face and push her hair back behind her ears. I noticed that her eyelids started to flicker.

"Y/n!?" I squeezed her hand tightly. Her chest inhaled quickly and sinks. I scooted closer to her face and grabbed it.

"Wake up y/n! Wake up!" Tears streamed down my face as I watched her.

I stared at her precious face. Everything that I fell in love for. Her beautiful smile and stunning eyes.

I sat and just stared at my future & my everything. And now the mother of my unborn child.

I looked to her stomach and laid on it.

I listened closely for a pulse.

"Carl?" I hear a sweet voice whisper.

"Y/n?!" I look up to see her sweet smile.

"Hi.." She whispers.