two.

Tears streamed down my face. I just hope it'd be over soon. I opened my eyes to see Carl on top of me and Daryl behind him with a bloody knife.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Daryl and I jumped down. I landed on top of it and he killed it." Carl's face was slightly bloody.

"Are you okay!?" I panicked.

"Yeah I cut it on the way down." he
smiled at me.

Daryl came over and grabbed my hand
to help me up.

"Can you walk darlin?" I screamed when i put my weight on it. "I'll take that as a no.." Daryl whispered.

He picked me up and walked up the
stairs. I smiled at him and thanked him. He just nodded his head. We walked outside and made our way for their camp. It was a long haul back to their camp so Rick and Daryl took turns carrying me. Carl insisted on helping but Rick wouldn't allow him. At the time they had held up in a jail. It was a nice place, way better than the setup my dad and I had. They brought me to a cell and daryl laid me down on the cot.

Daryl placed a pillow under my foot, "doc will be coming in a minute."

In the mean time Carl dropped my bag in the cell. "You alright, can I get you anything?"

I smirked, "no thanks Carl. But I appreciate it."

"Alright, I'll be right down the hall. Yell if you need anything." I grabbed the photo out of the front pouch of my backpack.

I once had a pretty big family. My mother, father, and two brothers. Memories flooded my head as I rested my eyes. I was drained and couldn't help but doze off. I dreamed of the first day when everything hit my small town. My family had just sat down for dinner when my mom noticed a man in the backyard and dad wasn't supposed to be home until
tomorrow morning. she yelled at him asking if he was alright. he didn't move so she walked out. he charged her and after that it was like everything was going 100 mph. My brother charged out and jumped on the man. He was bit and my mother was being devoured. My brother and I tried to run into my bedroom but he was too late and was attacked. I ran to my room, locked the door and hid in my closet. I quickly muffled my cries with a scarf and tried to calm down. I heard the banging and figured I was done for. after a few hours it stopped. I sat there and shook and couldn't believe what I had just witnessed. "is this real?" I kept asking myself. Eventually I passed out. I woke up to a familiar voice. "Y/n!" "Where are you?" Someone was pounding on my door again but this time they kicked the door down. It was my father.

//

I was abruptly woken up by a man. "Hello young lady. I'm Hershel and I'm here to look at your foot."

He lifted my foot carefully and pushed on the ankle. "Looks like you had someone on your side, it's just a sprain." He smiled. "I want you in bed for at least 2 days"

"can't argue with that!" I laughed.

Daryl was standing in the door way and cracked a slight smile. Maybe everything will get better.

I rested up and decided to go to sleep for the night, i really needed it.

//

I met a girl named Beth the next day. She was really sweet and we got along really well. She brought in Ricks daughter Judith so i didn't go insane from boredom. Judith was so adorable and could keep such a huge smile on anyone's face. It gave me slight hope there is a future beyond all of this. That maybe I won't die in a world full of the undead.